Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

o7 tahoe problem

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2007, 1:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o7 tahoe problem

We live in NE WI and recently bought a 07 Tahoe
It has been back to the dealer 3 times now and they tell me problem 1 the lift gate will not open at 6 degrees or lower that you need to do it manually . ok that kind of rough to deal with on a 50k vehicle but the big problem is road noise it is so loud that you have to increase the volume in your voice when you are trying to talk to each other. also my wife feels a clunk in her left foot while driving like something is hitting the bottom.. Also it is the roughest ride in all the chevy vehicles i have which includes 4wd pickups. When i drive down a rough Road i realizeroads heave with frost but you almost get whipp lash ridding in this vehicle. could this all be caused by tires it does'nt go away after tires heat up anyone else expeirencing these problems any help would greatly be appreaciated
Old February 12th, 2007, 1:54 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: o7 tahoe problem

sorry but i don't have much advice. i would be very demanding when dealing with your dealer. anyone paying the car note for a rig that expensive should be given a certain level of attention.
i'm becoming more and more skeptical about these new Tahoes. i'm hearing alot of bad news concerning miscellaneous problems... mechanical, electrical, cosmetic, you name it.
so far so good with my new Z71. i'll keep my fingers crossed.
good luck working out those issues.
Old February 12th, 2007, 3:24 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you sure you have a 2007 tahoe??? The ride on them is the best of any SUV I have ever been in!
Old February 12th, 2007, 3:31 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: biglg

Are you sure you have a 2007 tahoe??? The ride on them is the best of any SUV I have ever been in!
I second biglg, mine is so smooth I cant believe it. hdfurnman your must have a problem because its not normal. The hatch thing with cold weather is not BS from the dealer (its mentioned in the owners manual). Take in in to the dealer.
Old February 12th, 2007, 4:50 PM
CF Beginner

(yes unlees its got the wrong marking and is a discissed ford)

i have had it to the dealer they say its loud and do not know why thats why i am asking for the help wether any one else expeirenced same or simalar problems it only has 3000 miles on and i know roads are rough in winter but ...................... You can only blame so much on the road ..... so if anyone has had a similar problem let me know
Old February 12th, 2007, 7:52 PM
CF Active Member

I notice a little road noise on some of the crappier roads around here, doesn't bother me. One a newer road I don't notice any at all. On a side note, if it was ever that cold here I would pack up and call it a day.
Old February 12th, 2007, 7:58 PM
CF Beginner

unfortunatley it gets a lot colder and packing it in is not an option but thanks for telling me you get a little road noise but there is more than a little with this thing
Old February 13th, 2007, 2:07 PM
CF Active Member

well you said tha you feel like somthing is hiting maybe there is someting wrong with the suspensinon,like a bad shock or coil or could be many other thingsin the suspension.belive me and everyone else herer the ride is phebnomenol so if you dont feel like that then therer is something wrong with the suspension.
Old February 13th, 2007, 4:27 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only noise problem I had was a wind leak at the bottom front of the windshield (and it was really loud over 50 mph). Once that was repaired this 2007 has been the quietest & smoothest riding SUV I've driven.