Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

odd. the burb seems to die then pick back up...

Search this Thread

Old April 25th, 2011, 4:26 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default odd. the burb seems to die then pick back up...

...Ok guys I need to get this figured out before it leaves the ol lady on the side of the road, or worse yet, me.

3 times in the past week it's done this. Cruising at hiway speeds, all of a sudden no power, tach bottoms out, seems as tho the motor has shut down.

then just as suddenly it's running like nothing ever happened.

I'm not sure what to think of this, Pop's is going to float it around to the techs at the dealership he works at, but I just can't see the motor dying then refiring with it being an auto... all electrical connections seem to be good (the ones I've checked thus far) but I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues or a line on what I should be looking for.

01 burb
l60 slushbox.

thanks

:chug:
Old May 20th, 2011, 4:52 PM
CF Senior Member

did it again today. was heading up to the yard, on a dirt road, then it just shut down... didn't come back tho... put it in neutral and cranked and cranked, coasted to side of the road, cycled the key and it started back up (after longer than normal cranking) went alittle further and it died again, but fired right back up.

got what I need to done at work and left and 3 blocks down it died again, but fired right back up.

got up on the hiway to get it to the house and it died right after I got on, but fired back up on it's own and resumed the set cruise speed...

ran fine the rest of the way home...

ok so if this is what yours was doing, what direction would you start??? I'm not sure if I should look at electrical or fuel.

doesn't seem to throw any codes. no ses light. I'm beating my head against a wall here.

Old May 20th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Best guess is fuel pump. Check pressure.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 10:38 AM
CF Senior Member

hasn't acted up since... ran it all day yesterday pulling my mower trailer (fully loaded, not heavy) starting to wonder if I don't have a electrical connection coming loose (pops seems to think it's losing connection one the pcm or something) anyone know off the top of their heads where the brains are for an 01?