Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

OK then ... which Magnaflow muffler?

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2006, 1:23 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OK then ... which Magnaflow muffler?

Yep Biglg is right if you don't want to hear everyone else then it would be perfect. See if you can't get a resonated tip, maybe that will help. Not the one that came with your truck, actually you shouldn't be that bad since your vehicle is not a suv the sound should not be that bad. I forgot that you had an avalanche not a tahoe.
Old October 10th, 2006, 4:57 PM
CF Active Member

I used the Corsa catback on my '01 Tahoe...a little too loud for this '07. Could not hear the better half. Sometimes that was a good thing.LOL
Old October 11th, 2006, 12:47 AM
CF Active Member

Well after an entire day of driving it, it's really not that bad. It does have a nice rumble at startup and when I first accelerate but I'm not a lead foot coming off a red light and I don't horse around to much (although I did today! ) It has a nice hum on the highway but noise is virtually non-existant in the cab. I have a prety steep driveway and it's not bad climbing that either. That was a definate area of concern for me.

It is a little louder than I would have liked but I can't really hear too much in the cab. I did get duals which was why he said it was a little difficult. He is a perfectionist and I know he was concerned about clearance at the spare. Like said he did a great job. I did not keep the resonator but may try the resonator tips. At this point, with what I paid for the muffler (which wasn't much) I might hold out a little.

I am a husband, and a father of a 3 year old, with another one due in March, which is why I have been so concerned with the noise factor. I'm still debating but after today I'm not too disappointed. I'm definately not a vain person but I gotta say I got alot of admiring looks today. Like I mentioned before, the leveling kit came out great also.

Thanks everyone for the help. I know I've disappointed many of you .....[sm=icon_beat.gif] (j/k)

~digdug

Old October 11th, 2006, 3:56 AM
CF Active Member

Never a disappointment... I would like to have duals but the noise in the cab would be louder. When I had my f250 the sound was great since I didn't hear much in the cab. Good luck.
Old October 11th, 2006, 9:13 AM
CF Active Member

My last truck was a F350 CC with the Powerstrike diesel. I had a 4" Bully Dog Exhaust, Volant intake, and 90 HP Superchips programmer so anything compared to that is relatively quiet. I think my neighbors were pretty happy as well.

~digdug