Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

OMG HOOD DENTS WITH CONSISTENCY, CHECK YOURS! ZX HELP!

Search this Thread

Old October 20th, 2006, 11:24 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default OMG HOOD DENTS WITH CONSISTENCY, CHECK YOURS! ZX HELP!

I was hand washing my tahoe tonight. I first thought what the hell dented my hood!

On the front of the hood where it starts to curl down, right on the top before the slop there was a ding/dent. I got to looking at it. It was just about 12 inches from the center of the hood. I started looking and there was one that was exactly the same shape, size, and on the oposite 12 inches from the center of the hood. I look closer and it looks as if there are 2 more that are smaller on each side of center about 8-9 inches from the center of the hood.

Please tell me this is an issue with the hood! There is no way in hell that the dents are perfectly in sequence on each side. However I dont see how this has happened. Nothing has hit it, I am meticulous. COuld the hood be too tightly latched? Dam this pisses me off. I am going to take it to the dealer however I am sure that they will say there isnt anything wrong and that it isnt something wrong with the vehicle?

Can everyone else please look and see if you see anything like what i am mentioning?

Dave please tell me this is an issue. GRRR, this makes me mad, there is no way there isnt something wrong with the hood. I hate to say this, but please someone else tell me you have this. You will have to look at the hood from an agle, right on the front of the hood where it starts to curve down in the front.
Old October 21st, 2006, 12:52 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OMG HOOD DENTS WITH CONSISTENCY, CHECK YOURS! ZX HELP!

Same here on my LT. Had it one week, washed it this morning and noticed the same thing. UGH![]
Old October 21st, 2006, 12:56 PM
CF Veteran

Nothing here. Mine is Okay, thank goodness.
Old October 21st, 2006, 1:21 PM
CF Addict

Schorner,

How many do you have? Are they right on the very front/top of the hood where it starts to curve down? Dam I wonder what the hell is causing it? Did you take yours to the dealer?

ANYONE ELSE? This has to ba a common problem. Most probably wont notice it unless you really look for them.
Old October 21st, 2006, 1:53 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It is hands that are causing the dents when the hood is closed.
The proper way to close these hoods is to lower them down till they just about latch slowly and wait a couple of seconds to equalize pressure (very important) in the Hydraulic hood strut (it is very strong) and then lift up on the hood to about nose height and then quickly (but gently) shut he hood.

I never liked the single strut hood opener design and GM is getting feedback such as this from owners with dents, I doubt that this design will be around next year.
I’ve seen hoods damaged by service tech’s before the trucks were even sold and it shouldn’t be that way.
Most of the time the repair can be made by the paintless dent repair method and if you bitch loudly enough to the selling dealer they will get GM to pick up the tap.

Then be very careful about who you let open your hood from then on out.
Old October 21st, 2006, 4:52 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no dents here, defiantly will be more careful now
Old October 21st, 2006, 5:12 PM
CF Addict

WELL ****!

I can guarantee you one thing, they arent from me. I hand washed the vehicle about a week ago. I havent opened the hood since. However I did take it to the dealer for some work! Dam, I havent even opened the hood. The dealership must have done this. However I obvoiusly have no way to prove it, and they arent going to admit to it! FRICK.

I guess I will take it to the dent shop, dam this is BS. Now I see why I have always bought Dodge vehicles! There are so many little things that have went wrong with this Tahoe. I know it is a new year for the vehicle, but Geeeeeeeezzzzus!
Old October 21st, 2006, 6:45 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Landon,
Now be honest, what does Dodge make that is as nice and refined a vehicle as the new Tahoe?
Old October 21st, 2006, 7:57 PM
CF Addict

Dave,

Ok, I do like the Tahoe. However, it seems like it is made cheap! Little things, like trim, power adapter covers, the paint is cheap, I have a lot of little paint issues, obvoiusly this hood issue really chaps me. I dont know, just a lot of little problems.

I have had 5 brand new dodge rams in 4 years. TO be honest. I have never had any probelms with any of them. I will keep my Tahoe, but jeez it seems every week I am taking it to the shop for something petty! It is new, what happens to it after 36,001 miles? It probably falls apart, if it makes it that long! Sorry but I am just not impressed with a lot of overall durabilty, paint, and some of the designs that were used on this vehicle. I feel like when I am driving it, washing it, etc that I am going to break something.

Love the look, but it definately has its issues. If they dont do something about this hood issue it may be the last chevy I buy.

Really, is if I put the dents on the hood, which I didnt, is it my fault? Or is it a GM design issue? It isnt like you can slam the dam thing, WHO should have to pay to fix the dents? Me, or chevy for the poor design?

Dave, I am not mouthing you by any means. I appreciate your input and knowledge and help with everything. I am just saying that in 5 weeks with this tahoe, i have had it in the shop more than I had the last 5 rams combined. THey may be small issues, but how long till the big issues come?

Has anyone else been partial to another manufactuer and just recently got a Chevy for the first time? Can you agree with what I am saying? Again, sorry guys I like my Tahoe but the little nick nack issues are old already and I am sure my shop guys are tired of seeing me over trim pieces, hood issues, paint issues, etc. But I paid a lot for this vehicle, and I dont think I should pay for other issues unless it was me causing them! Lets see what I am told Monday on the hood. If they **** me off enough, I might have a Tahoe for sale! I will be going to the Chrysler Aspen!
Old October 21st, 2006, 7:59 PM
CF Addict

One other thing Dave, is Stow N Go seating, or whatever GM may call it in their near future plans? I cant stand hauling those large heavy azz seats out so often? Just hoping it is on its way! Thanks.

Quick Reply: OMG HOOD DENTS WITH CONSISTENCY, CHECK YOURS! ZX HELP!