Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

OMG HOOD DENTS WITH CONSISTENCY, CHECK YOURS! ZX HELP!

Search this Thread

Old November 7th, 2006, 10:54 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OMG HOOD DENTS WITH CONSISTENCY, CHECK YOURS! ZX HELP!

All I can say is you must be blind or have really bad taste!!![][][8D]
Old November 9th, 2006, 2:09 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey now, b nice. i never said u owned a Ford, why'd u go and say a thing like that? [sm=funnypostabove.gif] [sm=icon_rofl.gif]
Old November 9th, 2006, 9:03 PM
CF Beginner

I too had a dent in my new 07 AV. Luckily I noticed it two days after I bought it and took it back and the dealer took care of the dent. However, I am still waiting on the windshield trim, my passenger window and my console (I have the front bench seat) to be fixed. Maybe next month. My dealer is kind of slow!!
Old November 9th, 2006, 10:49 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

which trim piece around what window are you talking about? What was wrong with your console?

Have you checked to see if anymore dents have occured? I wonder if the ones that are getting the hood dents have a stronger strut, or possibly it is adjusted tighter? i havent closed any other hoods besides my own, but I wonder if there is a difference.
Old November 11th, 2006, 12:45 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: biglg

which trim piece around what window are you talking about? What was wrong with your console?

Have you checked to see if anymore dents have occured? I wonder if the ones that are getting the hood dents have a stronger strut, or possibly it is adjusted tighter? i havent closed any other hoods besides my own, but I wonder if there is a difference.

Sorry it took so long for me to reply. The trim piece I am talking about is between the front passenger fender (right at the top corner) and my windshield. For some reason it is not seated correctly and is sticking up. The trim (or it could be called weather stripping) is not very flexible and they said they may have to loosten the front fender to get it seated properly. I am concerned about the panel being alligned properly when they are done, but I will cross that bridge when I get there.

As far as the console goes, I have the bench seat so the middle part of the seat folds down and turns into a console. The console has a piece of flimsy plastic trim that covers the hinge on the passenger side. This piece of trim has been stressed, showing the white stress marks in the plastic, from being installed improperly. It appears that the piece gets stuck in the hinge.

There was also a blemish in my rear passenger side door handle. The handle isn't chromed it is painted the same as the body color. There was a small bloch were it looks like the paint is thin. The dealer told me they could order me a new one PAINTED from the factory. Me, not knowing any better that the factory does not ship these types of parts painted, said okay. So when the dealer called me back to tell me all the parts were ready I went down to the dealer and asked to see the newly painted handle. Well, the finish on the handle wasn't nearly as good as the factory and had a number of what I am gussing was dust particles under the paint. Looked really poor. I just told them to forget about it and leave the factory one on as I could deal with the small imperfection. What is funny is that I have seen this same dealer spraying cars outside in the wide open in the back of their lot were not a whole lot of customers venture to. I am gussing this may be the source of the imperfections on the handle.

To get back to the main topic though. I have not noticed any other dents on my hood and I will be freakishly careful whenever I close my hood and I will be sure to mention it everytime I make a trip to the service department.

Old February 5th, 2008, 10:44 AM
CF Addict

Just and FYI on this subject. My first 07 tahoe was very hard to close the hood. Obviously by the title of this tread it was so hard that dents were occuring.

I now have my second 2007 tahoe, it has about the same build date. It closes nothing like the first one. The pressure is much different and there are no dents in the hood. I also dont see any dents occuring. It closes with much less pressure.

I just thought I would post this. Maybe there is an issue with only certain struts or something.
Old February 5th, 2008, 12:16 PM
CF Addict

I have a 1995 tahoe that uses mechanical 'springs' to lift the hood, my hood is so thick, and made out of this thing called metal that you could drop a civic on it, and it wouldn't dent...

what happened to car companies, why are we all using this paper thin sheet metal?!

all the issues with the 07 tahoe are starting to scare me off...
Old February 5th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Weight reduction. Cost reduction.
Old February 21st, 2008, 9:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Just bought my 07 Z71 on Saturday. Are people still having this problem or has GM figured out a way to prevent it??
Old February 21st, 2008, 9:08 PM
CF Veteran

Just get hood to 90 percentt closed then finish and you will be fine. If you try to force it down too quickly without letting piston work you MAY have trouble. Mine was early production and I don't have the issue. It may ahve been piston realated.

there haven't been many complaints lately though.

Quick Reply: OMG HOOD DENTS WITH CONSISTENCY, CHECK YOURS! ZX HELP!