Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Onstar issues...

Search this Thread

Old January 18th, 2012, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jplinville
Hmmm...first post with a link to a site asking for my name, contact info and VIN. Excuse me if I seem leery, but I'll pass.
Hi jplinville - I understand where you are coming from, we do get these types of questions. If you are still having any problems with your OnStar after taking it to the new dealership you mentioned, we'd still like to help. If you don't feel comfortable giving your information through our Feedback Form, you can email our Customer Care team (email address is customercare@onstar.com) with the subject "Attn: Social Media Manager" to ensure it gets to our team. If you have any questions, please let me know or I can always be found on the OnStar Facebook page. Thanks!
Old January 18th, 2012, 11:42 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default email

E-mail is also not a secure medium.

but hey; I've only been doing IT for... 15 years.
Old January 18th, 2012, 7:51 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Checked out another forum (Google is your friend ) and the one instance where a guy actually sent in his info, it was three weeks before he heard back.
Old January 18th, 2012, 7:54 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

I agree, e-mails are easily ignored, put them on the spot with a phone call...
Old January 18th, 2012, 8:37 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by in2pro
I agree, e-mails are easily ignored, put them on the spot with a phone call...
+1 - I agree! You still have to be careful on the phone, but there is no chance that someone can state that they never got the e-mail.
Old January 26th, 2012, 8:40 AM
CF Junior Member

Default Look like persistence pays off.

Due to the ever changing work schedule, I was unable to get in to a different dealer, so I made a few phone calls and finally was able to locate the dealer owner's personal home number. After explaining to him how I was treated at his business, and how a safety item wasn't repaired, as required, (state law requires safety inspection...the vehicle apparently was passed without one of the needed items being in proper working order, something other than OnStar) I informed him of what my next step was going to be...to let the state's AG know.

Suffice it to say, the vehicle was picked up, repaired, Onstar made to work again, and I was given 500 minutes that don't expire until 2014!! I also negotiated a full exterior detailing, which took off most of the paint transfer that was on the rear quarter that wasn't noticed when I bought the vehicle (rainy day, bad lighting)

Persistence indeed pays off...especially when you hold information that could make them lose the ability to do state inspections!!
Old January 26th, 2012, 5:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Glad to hear you got your repair done. I wouldnt count on Onstar to be as great as they would like you to think it is. I wont even accept there so called trial period anymore.
Good luck with yours..
Old January 26th, 2012, 9:30 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jplinville
Due to the ever changing work schedule, I was unable to get in to a different dealer, so I made a few phone calls and finally was able to locate the dealer owner's personal home number. After explaining to him how I was treated at his business, and how a safety item wasn't repaired, as required, (state law requires safety inspection...the vehicle apparently was passed without one of the needed items being in proper working order, something other than OnStar) I informed him of what my next step was going to be...to let the state's AG know.

Suffice it to say, the vehicle was picked up, repaired, Onstar made to work again, and I was given 500 minutes that don't expire until 2014!! I also negotiated a full exterior detailing, which took off most of the paint transfer that was on the rear quarter that wasn't noticed when I bought the vehicle (rainy day, bad lighting)

Persistence indeed pays off...especially when you hold information that could make them lose the ability to do state inspections!!
I am glad to hear that you had such a great outcome!! Sometimes, you just have to talk to the right people to get something done.
Old January 28th, 2012, 12:48 PM
CF Beginner

Glad to see you got your OnStar working. I was going to say you might have had the same issue as I do with my 04 Onstar. It has a analog/digital system, however, when i went to register my vehicle on the website and put in my VIN number. I was advised my system had to be upgraded to a full digital network in order to utilize OnStar. Which means, taking my SUBURB back to the dealer and spending several hundred to upgrade the system.
Old January 29th, 2012, 4:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Markpcso
Glad to see you got your OnStar working. I was going to say you might have had the same issue as I do with my 04 Onstar. It has a analog/digital system, however, when i went to register my vehicle on the website and put in my VIN number. I was advised my system had to be upgraded to a full digital network in order to utilize OnStar. Which means, taking my SUBURB back to the dealer and spending several hundred to upgrade the system.
The 2005 had the hybrid analog/digital system. 2006 and up was complete digital.

Quick Reply: Onstar issues...