Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Our 07 lifted Suburban 07 SEMA project

Search this Thread

Old January 13th, 2007, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Our 07 lifted Suburban 07 SEMA project

Got the Sub yesterday.... it's an 8" lift, the rear needs to be a little higher, I think the guys forgot to install the isolator, because there are non in the rear now...
Next week it goes to MagnaCharger for the Supercharger install, it's their BETA truck.
Bulletproof Suspension

E
Old January 13th, 2007, 6:27 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Our 07 lifted Suburban 07 SEMA project

does your truck have the air ride suspension in the rear. LTZ model? If no, then do you know who might make one for the LTZ autoride suspension in the rear.
Old January 14th, 2007, 2:56 AM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: DarkOne

does your truck have the air ride suspension in the rear. LTZ model? If no, then do you know who might make one for the LTZ autoride suspension in the rear.
This is an autoride Suburban, although it's an LT, this kit was made specifically for it.

I ordered it specially, it also has the 6.0 all aluminun DOD and VVT motor with 4:10 gears, it's a 4WD

Since mine is the frist from Bulletproof Suspensions, they had to keep it about a month, but the kit is well made, everything works.

I'm having an issue with it, when I remote startit, and when I go in and put the key in and turn it to ignition (not cranking it) I get a Service Traction Control and a Service Stability Control messages on the DIC, all I have to do is turn it off and wait about 10 seconds, restart it and no more problems.

I think it's the psoition of the front autoride sensors that maybe out of place.

On Monday I'll take it to the dealer to get the codes out to see what the computer comes up with.

Old January 14th, 2007, 4:15 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check over in the Tahoe section of this forum. There are several threads about the autoride suspension and suspension modifications that have resulted with the issues you describe. Mostly lowering suspension systems, but I believe the same problen with the service traction control issue.
Old January 14th, 2007, 10:40 AM
CF Active Member

Don't mind me asking about the cost of the suspension. I am looking more for a 6-6.5 in lift. I am looking at the Full Throttle suspension company. I do agree that the rear needs to be raised up a little more. Did you get some tires and wheels, would like to see the full package.
Old January 14th, 2007, 1:43 PM
CF Beginner

The wheels will be Weld Wheels 17x8.5" I don't know the style, Weld dictates that. The Tires will be from Interco 35" and again I don't know the type, we just told them we want quiet tires.

We are building this truck for SEMA 07

I will post pics with the whole package, I don't know when, it depends on when MagnaCharger needs it for the supercharger install.
Old January 14th, 2007, 1:44 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: engine2

Check over in the Tahoe section of this forum. There are several threads about the autoride suspension and suspension modifications that have resulted with the issues you describe. Mostly lowering suspension systems, but I believe the same problen with the service traction control issue.
Great, thanks for the help..
Old January 14th, 2007, 9:49 PM
CF Beginner

I was having problems with a service ride control and service stabilitrak control messages when I started the Suburban with the Remote...

I figured that since everything was as before, connected except lifted, the only thing that was not the same was the link that connected the a arms to the auto ride sensor.... so I readjusted the new rod to 12" total, original was 4", lift was 8"...

And guess what... it fixed the problems....
Old September 7th, 2013, 2:44 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by lovecars
Got the Sub yesterday.... it's an 8" lift, the rear needs to be a little higher, I think the guys forgot to install the isolator, because there are non in the rear now...
Next week it goes to MagnaCharger for the Supercharger install, it's their BETA truck.
Bulletproof Suspension

E
How did you do with stabilitrak an traction control problem with lifted chevys and big size tires. I put 3inch lift kit and 33/12.5r20 on my 08' chevy silverado crewcab z71 and now in the stabilitrac and control traction turn of with a few kilometers of running. Im from chile and a i need some help please. Is just reprograming in the computer? Realignement? A sensor?