Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

passive arming of the 07 GM alarm system

Search this Thread

Old September 23rd, 2007, 4:59 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: passive arming of the 07 GM alarm system

e:
We changed course,he's gonna install a Viper 5900 SST in the truck , bypass factory alarm , and I'll have a full alarm with 2 way , will I still need the 1701g1 or 1701 ? who still has the 1701 , as I thought they were dicontinued ?Thanks
Old September 23rd, 2007, 5:14 PM
e
CF Senior Member

ok here it goes:
1701g1 will not do remote start interface IF your using different remotes. In your case your keeping your factory remotes so everything will operate at the gm factory settings via the gm keyfob: ie remote start, lock, unlock, and trunk opening. The installer will just use the "zones" to trigger the aftermarket alarm. The installer should be able to obtain doors, and hood triggers thru the 1701g1. The hatch trigger (output)will have to come from the trucks wiring as the 1701g1 does not cover the trunk trigger. It will pop the trunk (input)if you were using an aftermarket remote. So no in your case the trunk option is not going to be used. You will pop the trunk with your factory keyfob, which is what you want anyway.

1701 is available andwill allow remote start interface with aftermarket remotes. In the tahoe's case equipped with factory remote start you could use a alarm system that has a status output wire to control the factory remote start cycle without having to wire it up with relay packs like the old days. Also the 1701 will shunt the sensors when the trunk pops so that it will not set of the alarm when its armed if you open the trunk with the factory remote. Upon closingthe trunk the sensor will become active again.The 1701g1 will not do this automatically so you may have to disarm your truck before opening the trunk to prevent an alarm trigger from the shock sensor and trunk trigger. No big deal I guess.........

edited:
Ok great frickin idea............on the 5900. YOU WILL NEED 1701. He will not need the relay pack to make the 5900 remote start. Instead he just need theRS status output wire to connect to the 1701 and it will send a signal to the truck that itstime to start just like if you were to use you factory remote. Dude Im so happy you changed your mind. If he cant get the 1701 let me know. I have a bunch........
e

edited again: DO NOT BYPASS THE FACTORY ALARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be just stupid...........The 1701 will turn on and off the factory sercurity all by itself. I love mylittle magic black box........
Old October 14th, 2007, 2:34 PM
CF Beginner

Ok. I'm the guilty one. I am the installer. The problem I had with the 330 was intitializing the system. The system is supposed to learn a change in the door lock motor leg wires. Unlock most sytems that rest at ground and switch to positive (or vice versa) this car recieves a simultaneous negative/positive signal. It seemed to me that this was why I could not get it to see the car locking and unlocking. I would have had to put relays on it to simulate a standard door-lock system.

Now that we've decided to go with a full system, I suppose it would make more sense to just let the aftermarket system remote start the vehicle rather than accessing the OEM remote start. I suppose I can still use the 1701G just for door trigger and to lock/arm and unlock/disarm the factory system. I am used to using the downloadable xpress kit (xk01) which I believe will give me access to the rear door open/close as well.
Old October 14th, 2007, 10:06 PM
e
CF Senior Member

ok, if you use the 1701g (also known as 1701g1)to do door locks your still going to need a bypass for remote start.So why not just use the 1701 and use it to do everything. The relay pack with the dei is useless in this application because of the factory remote start system. Its not need.When you hit the remote start cycle on the dei keypad it will energize the remote start status output wire (blue), when the 1701 senses this input(blue/white)it will automatically tell the gm remote start system to start the truck. This process can be done numerous ways with different kits, but the 1701 handsdown is the way to go. As long as it gets done is the key. Also I think with other kits if he opens the trunk with the system armed via the dei remoteit will not shunt the triggers causing a full trigger. Good Luck. Do you need a 1701?
Old October 15th, 2007, 2:46 PM
CF Beginner

I would take one yes.
Old October 18th, 2007, 11:00 PM
CF Beginner

Question. I have a 330V installed on my Tahoe for about a year now. No 1701, the installer tried for hours to get it to work and finally ran a thick like 4ga wire from the engine to the drivers front door to get the locks to work with relays I believe. The problem is now that I installed Sirius and Ipod I have alternator noise because of this cable.Also it does not lock my liftgate passively. Is there a way for me to bypass this cable and install that 1701 box? Will this take care of the arming of the liftgate and hopefully would stop the noise coming thru the speakers. I verified that the cable is causing the noise for sure. Thanks for any help in advance.
Old October 19th, 2007, 12:19 AM
CF Junior Member

I have an AM1 installed on my 2007 (same as the 300v), and it just plains sucks. Had the dealer told me there were more options with choosing an alarm, I would have did it. Even though GM said the range of this remote is better, it sucks!

I would be interested in buying a 1701, and then I'm going to upgrade to a real alarm system. This horn honk stuff is killing me! E, do you have one I could buy as well, just in case the local dealer doesn't have any? PM Me.

Paul

ORIGINAL: Nikos72

Question. I have a 330V installed on my Tahoe for about a year now. No 1701, the installer tried for hours to get it to work and finally ran a thick like 4ga wire from the engine to the drivers front door to get the locks to work with relays I believe. The problem is now that I installed Sirius and Ipod I have alternator noise because of this cable.Also it does not lock my liftgate passively. Is there a way for me to bypass this cable and install that 1701 box? Will this take care of the arming of the liftgate and hopefully would stop the noise coming thru the speakers. I verified that the cable is causing the noise for sure. Thanks for any help in advance.
Old October 19th, 2007, 9:37 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Nikos72:
Because your using an add alarm to a factory keyless system you dont need the 1701. What exactly is the the wire and relays for? Are they for the locking of the doors from the 330 or the input for the 330 to arm the system when you lock the factory?

1. You will need ainterface to get the 330 to lock the truck when it passive arms. When you use the interface thru the canbus it should lock all entry doors including the hatch. You can use the 1701g1 to get this done.
2. Do you know where the installers getting the signal to arm and disarm the 330v?

Pablo422:
Sorry your having so much trouble with the automate 1. If you have factory remote start or plan on adding remote start then you will need the 1701. If your just wanting to add a full alarm system without remote start you can use the 1701g1. All in all I would just grab the 1701 just in case you plan on adding on later. And yes I have either if you need.

e
Old October 19th, 2007, 11:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Yeah, I want remote start, have it factory in the LT3. 1701 is the way to go. Just gotta see what alarm I want my installer to put in.

Any suggestions ? I had the DEI 791XV, and didn't use the LCD because of the battery life, but I like something like the 771XV so I can use two different transmitters.

Paul
Strong Island, New York
Old October 25th, 2007, 9:35 PM
CF Beginner

e: The wire I was told was to lock the doors passively. The doors would not lock on their own. The alarm would beep and ARM but no door locks. Will the 1701g lock the liftgate also? Not sure where the signal is from on the 330

Quick Reply: passive arming of the 07 GM alarm system