Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Pb starting tahoe2002

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2020, 8:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pb starting tahoe2002

Hello!
new french threader
I have a starting problem, last week, after going shopping for food during confinement he could not restart. I started the vehicle reversing maybe too quickly, the Tahoe stalled and did not restart.
I towed it home, it started with a startpilot but the fuel did not arrive. The fuel pump and the fuel filter a month ago following a similar breakdown. Sometimes the security light comes on while driving.
No fuse is damaged. I wonder if there is a problem with the passkey 3+ anti-theft system.
I carried out the procedure to reset the key (disconnect the battery then reconnect and put the original key for 30 minutes in the on position) but it was useless ...
Can someone tell me how to make sure the problem is with this anti-theft system?
Thank you in advance for your help
I cannot find professionals of this type of vehicle in my sector
Old April 26th, 2020, 10:57 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Fx1971
Hello!
new french threader
I have a starting problem, last week, after going shopping for food during confinement he could not restart. I started the vehicle reversing maybe too quickly, the Tahoe stalled and did not restart.
I towed it home, it started with a startpilot but the fuel did not arrive. The fuel pump and the fuel filter a month ago following a similar breakdown. Sometimes the security light comes on while driving.
No fuse is damaged. I wonder if there is a problem with the passkey 3+ anti-theft system.
I carried out the procedure to reset the key (disconnect the battery then reconnect and put the original key for 30 minutes in the on position) but it was useless ...
Can someone tell me how to make sure the problem is with this anti-theft system?
Thank you in advance for your help
I cannot find professionals of this type of vehicle in my sector
Is the security light on when it won't start? What year is the Tahoe? When you tried the relearn, is the key new, used, worn? When you tried the relearn, did you turn the key switch off, then try to start, or leave it in the on position, and try to start without turning the key switch off (that is the correct procedure).
Old April 26th, 2020, 12:00 PM
CF Beginner

The Tahoe is from 2002 and is equipped with the pass-key3 +
The security warning light does not come on when I try to start it, it does not come on any more, I had noticed that it came on from time to time especially after having turned the key maybe too quickly, it then went off by cutting the engine and going over all the notches of the neimann
When I did the procedure I actually turn the key to off before starting,the key is from 2002,i always use this key,i Try with thé other key to but nothing………
To avoid any error could you give me the procedure to reset the key? It would be nice of you
Thank you
Old April 26th, 2020, 12:11 PM
CF Monarch

The Tahoe is from 2002 and is equipped with the pass-key3 +
The security warning light does not come on when I try to start it, it does not come on any more, I had noticed that it came on from time to time especially after having turned the key maybe too quickly, it then went off by cutting the engine and going over all the notches of the neimann
When I did the procedure I actually turn the key to off before starting,the key is from 2002,i always use this key,i Try with thé other key to but nothing………
To avoid any error could you give me the procedure to reset the key? It would be nice of you
Thank you
What I know at least passkey 2, turn switch to on, do not crank. After 15 minutes, or so, do not turn it to off, but to crank/start. This is normally for a new key and or different resistor in the key for the security system to "relearn".
Old April 26th, 2020, 12:15 PM
CF Monarch

This might help, I am not familar with GM transponder keys.
Old April 26th, 2020, 12:21 PM
CF Monarch

More specific information.
Old April 26th, 2020, 2:24 PM
CF Beginner

Ok thank you!
i just try it but…no …
thé photo of te pass key—>
my question now,how can i be sure thé pb come from this system …
perhaps is it an other pb

Old April 26th, 2020, 3:00 PM
CF Monarch

[QUOTE=Fx1971;446742]Ok thank you!
i just try it but…no …
thé photo of te pass key—>
my question now,how can i be sure thé pb come from this system …
perhaps is it an other pb

Can you remove the fuel line from the fuel rail, with a collection jar, turn key on, is there fuel coming out of it from the pump? You should be able to hear the fuel pump start with key on for a couple seconds, if not, and no fuel, yes it could be anti-theft, or something else that isn't allowing the pump to energize. I don't know your skill level with troubleshooting, but i can post what I would do.

If you have no fuel, and you fuel pump isn't energized, remove the fuel pump relay, jumper wire across the contacts at the relay base, after checking for battery voltage at one of the relay base pins. You probably will need an electrical diagram to determine the relay socket pins, and the relay itself should be shown on the fuse box lid with all the fuses/relays in the box. Go from there, I was leaning towards anti-theft based on your post, but it certainly could be something else. The anti theft disables the fuel so as not to start. Post what you do, and we can move forward. This is a process of elementation.
Old April 26th, 2020, 3:25 PM
CF Beginner

No worries, I can take the test, where the distribution pipe is located (photo may be) there is certainly a return pipe, I would not want to confuse the 2
I will try tomorrow because the night has just fallen here 😉
Regarding the relay, maybe you can detail the handling to be done, I had found the fuel pump relay but I do not know how to test a relay
Thanks again in any case!
Old April 26th, 2020, 4:11 PM
CF Monarch

No worries, I can take the test, where the distribution pipe is located (photo may be) there is certainly a return pipe, I would not want to confuse the 2
I will try tomorrow because the night has just fallen here 😉
Regarding the relay, maybe you can detail the handling to be done, I had found the fuel pump relay but I do not know how to test a relay
Thanks again in any case!
Yes you are 7 hours ahead of me. I have relatives in Grenoble.

Quick Reply: Pb starting tahoe2002