Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:28 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Plz help me unlock my Tahoe 2012 radio

Search this Thread

Old September 20th, 2013, 6:15 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plz help me unlock my Tahoe 2012 radio

Hey everyone!

I have a Chevrolet Tahoe 2012 and it's radio is locked. There is simply LOCKED word displayed on the screen. No button works and I have tried searching the Internet for a way but no luck. Can anyone help me on how to unlock my car's radio? I would be very grateful. Thank you.
Old September 20th, 2013, 7:37 AM
CF Junior Member

Is this the original radio that came with the vehicle? Normally, the radio locks itself if the radio doesn't detect the correct VIN associated with it.
Old September 20th, 2013, 9:27 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Have you tried starting the vehicle and pressing and holding down the power button (on the radio) for a few seconds...that is how mine on my 07 locks and unlocks, I just tried it to verify....
Old September 20th, 2013, 1:13 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

I have tried pushing every button for longer than a couple of seconds and so far nothing has worked & yes it's the original radio which came with the car. The only things that it displays is the word LOCKED and the time.
Old September 20th, 2013, 1:42 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by malik123
Hey everyone!

I have a Chevrolet Tahoe 2012 and it's radio is locked. There is simply LOCKED word displayed on the screen. No button works and I have tried searching the Internet for a way but no luck. Can anyone help me on how to unlock my car's radio? I would be very grateful. Thank you.
Hi malik123,

Welcome to the Chevrolet Forum! Happy to have you part of the Chevy community. I am sorry you are experiencing a lock issue with your radio. Have you thought about contacting your dealer for this issue? If you would like to work with a dealer, please let us know so we can help set up an appointment for you. We can be contacted via private message and are here to assist with concerns and questions.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 20th, 2013, 3:42 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by malik123
I have tried pushing every button for longer than a couple of seconds and so far nothing has worked & yes it's the original radio which came with the car. The only things that it displays is the word LOCKED and the time.
I take it that it was working previously and something happened and now its not?
And you tried the to unlock by having the ignition on not accessory mode but on running and pressing the power button for 2-3 seconds?

If you can provide a little back ground as to when and how that may help narrow down possibilities....
Old February 22nd, 2019, 5:10 PM
CF Beginner

I just replaced the original radio in my 2012 Tahoe and have the exact same problem. Want to avoid going the dealer route and pay $100.