Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Power Folding Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old March 14th, 2019, 2:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Power Folding Mirrors

Hello everyone,
I am new to the forum and I come seeking knowledge and wisdom. I have an 04 suburban LT 5.3 I recently replaced the passenger side mirror due to it not working at all. I installed the new mirror flawlessly and it works as expected up until I hit the button to fold them. When I press the button to fold them in, one mirror folds in while the other folds out and vice versa. How can I make it so they fold in and out simultaneously? TIA.
Old March 14th, 2019, 3:46 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

To me, sounds like two wires in the new replacement mirror are reversed.
Old March 14th, 2019, 5:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cusser
To me, sounds like two wires in the new replacement mirror are reversed.
Thanks, Cusser. That's what I was thinking but I wanted to rule out the need to do some sort of reset, if there is such a thing, with the mirrors.
Old March 14th, 2019, 5:33 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

Have you contacted the manufacturer of the mirror by phone to inquire ?? I recently bought a $15 replacement mirror glass for our 2005 Yukon which did not fit exactly, and talked to the manufacturer who was really interested to investigate why.

I once bought a trailer wire converter online, and it had one wire wrong; manufacturer said to return it, or to switch the wire over myself to correct terminal and keep it. Second option was easier.
Old March 14th, 2019, 9:39 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

SigSquad: Welcome to the forum. If reversing two wires doesn't fix the problem, try manually pushing the mirror in and then hit the retract button.