Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Power window issues 07 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2021, 5:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power window issues 07 Tahoe

This all started a few days ago. Started the truck in the morning and all 4 windows rolled down randomly. I was able to get only the passenger side up. Got to work. Turned the truck on and off a few times and then could roll down the rest of the windows at each door, not by the main switch. I took the switch off and cleaned it thinking it could be a bad contact or something. It didn't help. Everytime I start the truck up all the windows go down except the drivers door which does nothing. When I hit the drivers switch the switch actually makes a click sound. The switch is pricey so I got my buddy that's runs a scrap yard to let me try one to see if that's what I needed. I plugged in the new switch and the drivers window went up a few inches then quit. Same issues. So I get home take the drivers door off to get to the window motor. Jumped it with 12 volts to get it to go up.

So I just dont know where to go to next. All windows are going down so maybe a short is causing this since cars switch off the ground? I know the drivers motor is ok, the switch is ok, should I look for a relay or something? I got a multimeter and know the basics just dont know where to look next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old March 19th, 2021, 8:49 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 152 Posts

In my '11 the Body Control Module and a window control driver operate the windows. I would try cleaning the BCM connectors with a electrical contact cleaner as a simple first step. Possible communication issue between modules, advance scan may pick that up with U codes being set since all of them go down on the start up power drop. May even be a grounding issue.
Really need a schematic to fully check it out. I use alldatadiy.com for it's full shop manual that has diagnostics and diagrams.