Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Question for 07' Suburban owners...

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2007, 5:17 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for 07' Suburban owners...

If your 07'Suburban is equipped with the power fold-away mirrors does the small curb lights come on when you enter and exit the vehicle at night?In case your not familiar with these small lights they are located on the underside of both outside mirrors. They shine strait down to elluminate the ground for safe footing after dark.I'm having trouble getting the lights to work both ways with our 07' Tahoe. The problem is notin the DIC setting, thats been set and resetnumerous times. If anybody has any input it will be welcomed.
Old January 18th, 2007, 1:17 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Question for 07' Suburban owners...

I find it very odd thatthey only come on when entering the vehicle. I want them to work both ways...
Old January 18th, 2007, 1:37 AM
CF Active Member

1stChevy,
Are you saying yours only work entering the vehicle? I'm with youI think they should work both ways. I have a 03' Silverado LT with the same mirrors and they have worked both ways since day one. Why would GM decide to change the program on the 07' Tahoe's and Suburban's. It doesn't make sense to me. Thanks for your input.
Old January 18th, 2007, 2:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is what ZX1100F1 said over in the Tahoe section recently,
"OK, now I understand and had to do some research to come up with an exact description of how the mirror lights are actually intended to function. GM nomenclature is: "Courtesy Entry Lighting". After reading the tech spec's it's clear that the designed operation of these lights is to only illuminate during entry when the RKE is used to access the vehicle. I'm not sure why the lighting engineers decided to do this but I'll see if I can find out….just sounds a little odd or maybe even a simple oversight.
So for now they are working properly even though we all probably agree that they should light up for exit as well. "

Edited to add: Sorry Gman-I just realized you were the original author of this question on the Tahoe section, but I will leave this information up for other Suburban owners to see. To all other suburban owners please post your experiance's with Gman's question so he can see if others have the same or opposite result.
Old January 18th, 2007, 8:35 PM
CF Active Member

engine 2
No problem, I would like to get other owners involved so maybe GM will change the software. If enough people ask GM may take notice. Come on how hard could be for some computer geek to type ina new code.