Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Question on a Tahoe Lease

Search this Thread

Old November 8th, 2006, 3:54 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on a Tahoe Lease

I am very interested in leasing either an LT3 or LTZ, and was just wondering if I go at a good buying time like end of the year (December) and get a good deall what kind of monthly payment am I looking at? thanks
Old November 8th, 2006, 8:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Question on a Tahoe Lease

I'm not sure you'll get any great deals since it is a 07 model and they aren't trying to blow them out just yet. Go to Chevrolet's website and you can build a vehicle and find out what payments would be when you're done.
Old November 8th, 2006, 2:29 PM
CF Beginner

I leased mine in October and got $8,300 of of MSRP, leasing for $560 per month, 39 months, 12K miles per year. I have seen dealers advertising $9,000 off MSRP here in Colorado lately, I expect you could do a little better than that.
Old November 13th, 2006, 4:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Purchased a 07' Suburban LT2 with Entertainment Package for $8000 off of MSRP on Labor Day. Payment with $5000 down is $710 for 60 months at 6.5% rate special given at that time. Down payment basically took care of taxes and the new NJ SUV tax. The $560 per month for a 39-month lease sounds kind of steep to me but everyones situation is different. My dealer tried to bs me into a lease for about $600 but I drive alot and I heard that's the way they make money now from other forums.
Old November 13th, 2006, 6:50 PM
CF Beginner

Guess I didn't clarify what mine was...LTZ loaded with everything except Nav. Looking at what others are paying for lease and money off, I don't feel screwed , but I know I could have got more by waiting...but none of us like to wait!
Old November 13th, 2006, 6:55 PM
CF Junior Member

I would give anything to have my lease payments around 600 a month. My 07LTZ is leaseing aruond 880 a month.
Old November 14th, 2006, 2:42 PM
CF Junior Member

The Suburban I purchased is a LT2 with power everything. Entertainment package w/ leather & sunroof. No Navi though. Flexfuel engine MSRP'ed for @ $49,000. Got it in Sept. for @ $41,000 at Dealer Employee price promotion in NJ. I was trying to say not to hurry on signing lease papers because the dealers try to fu** you on them. They told me the same thing regarding lease payments at around $700 for 48 months. I got saved because the banks were closed when I went to dealer on Labor day. I then went in following day with all my info from GM website including % rates on finance and lease. I went from a $650 per month 4yr lease to $710 per month 5yr finance. Sales Mgr was still trying to push lease so that's how I knew that they make kickbacks from GMAC on leases. Like I said everone's situation is different. I have 2 kids with 1 on the way and had a 2000 Range Rover 4.6 that was at the dealer every other week. My first post was not a stab at anyone just some advise. That's why this is a messageboard right.
Old November 14th, 2006, 3:04 PM
CF Beginner

No worries, I did not feel it was a stab. I just did not clarify what I bought, for what anyone knew it may have been an LS.... Everyone has to get what they want and feel good on the deal. I blew it because I should have done my lease with more miles, right now I am driving the Tahoe all the time (cuz I love it!) and since I got free season ski passes with it, we will ride more this year than normal, putting more miles on it...can't win all the time...
Old November 14th, 2006, 3:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Scooter same problem I would have had if I went with the lease. **** my Suburban already has 5k on it. Alot of the miles came from sharing it with my wife during the Range Rover ICU days but we just purchased her a 07' Volkswagen Passat 2.0T. Had to finally get something that gets over 30 mpg if you know what I mean.
Old November 14th, 2006, 3:45 PM
CF Junior Member

I just realized you stated you got free ski passes with your purchased. SH*T the only thing i got free was dealer aggravation. Truthfully I probably would have not received the deal I got if I didn't catch my dealer's trickery. I think the General Manager basically told Sale Manager to drop his boxers and make situation better for us after he was caught in lie.

Quick Reply: Question on a Tahoe Lease