Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Radio cutting out 07 w/ NAV

Search this Thread

Old November 10th, 2006, 1:17 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio cutting out 07 w/ NAV

I have a 07 Tahoe LTZ with the factory nav unit and have had three times where the sound from the radio cuts out, and all fuctions within the steering wheels controls are lost. Once the vehicle is turned off and restarted, all goes back to normal. Yesterday I was on my way to work and the XM cut out, and read a communication error on the screen. It defaulted back to the last FM station. The XM Icon also disappeared from the display. All steering wheel controls again went out. One last thing I noted is the turn signal clicking sound also went away. I took it straight to the dealer, seeing the last two times I took it in, it was unable to duplicate responses and no faults or repairs that can be made. I left everything on for the advisor to see and he had the tech look at it. Then he shut it down. Once it came back, everything was normal again.

Any one ever have this happen to them. Everyone at the dealer looked at me like I was a little crazy.

Thanks in advance for the feedback
Old November 10th, 2006, 9:55 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Radio cutting out 07 w/ NAV

I don't have the NAV radio so of course I haven't seen this problem. I did however just do a couple of searches of this site and read a crap load of radio issues.. It doesn't seem to have been an issue for anyone else.

We currently are without our "inside" man, Dave aka ZX. If he stops back I'm sure you'll get some help. In the mean time it seems a visit to the stealerships is in order. Good luck.
Old November 15th, 2006, 7:06 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had this problem happen twice and took it to the dealer. They could not replicate but said I was not the first person with this problem. They told me they found some codes but when they called GM, they needed some answers to some questions to determine the cause.

Both times, the first noticiable issue is that my XM gives the communication error. Then my backup camera and turn signal noise do not work. The signals do work in the mirrors, but not sure about the back of the vehicle. The dealer asked me to find out if the nav works and if the DVD player works to be able to continue trouble shooting. So far, the issue happens about every other month and it has not happened since I went to the dealer.
Old November 15th, 2006, 7:23 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The reason for GM's questions regarding if the Nav or DVD work is to determine if the problem lies in the head unit or elsewhere.
We’ve been seeing some issues in the wiring, everything from bare wires shorting to improperly routed wires becoming damaged to plugs that were not seated fully..
Sometimes clearing the codes is all it takes though.

If it happens again I would make a beeline for the dealership without recycling the key if that is possible.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 7:49 PM
CF Beginner

Any new answers to this problem, My early 07 LTZ with nav just started do this exact same thing!!

ZX any new words of wisdom.

Jeff
Old October 23rd, 2007, 4:36 PM
CF Addict

Jeff,
Can you tell me when your Tahoe was built (sticker in driver door jamb)?
Have you had any software updates doen since you purchased?

Old October 23rd, 2007, 8:05 PM
CF Beginner

ZX

It is actually a Suburban, it was built 05/06. We purchased it used about a month ago with 20K on it. I do not know if any software updates have been done.

Jeff
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:50 AM
CF Addict

Ok have the dealer install the most recent software calibration for the radio, that should fix the issues that you are having.