Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

radio and lights stay on

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2019, 6:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio and lights stay on

I have a 2010 Suburban (should be the same as the 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Tahoe and Yukon and Yukon XL)

Just bought it so i don't know the history. or how it is supposed to work from the factory.

When I turn the key off and open the drivers door the radio does not turn off, the headlights do not turn off and the dome lights do not turn on.

When I open the drivers door the dome after it has been sitting the dome lights do not turn on.

Any of the other doors will activate the dome lights.

It has an aftermarket stereo that I recently installed and it will indicate when a door is open. When the drivers door is open it indicates the door is open and closed when it is closed so I know the system is seeing the door open and closed but it is like the system does not trigger the dome lights when the door opens.

Anybody know what is going on? I tried searching but had not luck.

thanks.
Old March 9th, 2019, 7:05 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

i know on my 2010 silv the drivers side door only will turn off the radio. pretty sure the other doors turn on the dome.
Old March 9th, 2019, 10:23 PM
CF Beginner

Okay I reset the factory settings on the dash and the headlights turn off after 30sec now. But the dash lights and the radio stay on.

Is there a good software FOR REQDING OBDII and the enhanced GM information? I would prefer something that is windows compatable.
Old March 10th, 2019, 9:21 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

Mrs. Cusser uses a FOB with our 2005 Yukon Denali. I rarely drive this, and its electronics bewilder me; anyway, my key for it does not have a fob, and I notice when I turn off the engine, open the driver door, press the switch to "lock", and then shut the door, that most times (maybe all the time) the radio stays playing (maybe the dome light too). So I put the key in the door, unlock that door, open the door and the radio stops. So I press the switch to "lock", and then shut the door again, easier than trying to swing a dead bird over my head while standing on one foot to get it all off. Maybe it's on a delay, I don't know.
Old March 10th, 2019, 6:12 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Cusser
So I press the switch to "lock", and then shut the door again, easier than trying to swing a dead bird over my head while standing on one foot to get it all off. Maybe it's on a delay, I don't know.

hahahhaha
That is how I am feeling about now.
Old March 12th, 2019, 6:13 PM
CF Beginner

Sounds like the switch on the drivers side door jamb that turns on the dome light is not working.

--John B
Old March 13th, 2019, 12:04 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by gramercyjam
Sounds like the switch on the drivers side door jamb that turns on the dome light is not working.

--John B
the only problem with that is when i have the transmission in drive and I open the door I get a door ajar warning.

Also when you turn the ignition off and remove the key the windows still function with the drivers door control panel. But if you open the drivers door the windows stop working.

Both of these indicate the door switch is working.
Old March 18th, 2019, 11:46 PM
CF Beginner

One other oddity, steering wheel does not lock when key is removed.
Old March 19th, 2019, 1:35 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

They dropped that feature a few years back.