Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Radio Swap on 2014 Tahoe?

Search this Thread

Old February 18th, 2021, 11:18 AM
BTS
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Swap on 2014 Tahoe?

Hi I am new to the forum.

I own a 2014 Chevy Tahoe.

The radio in it does not have the mylink system in it, but it is a large touchscreen.

The radio has a hard drive for storing music off of CDs and it has a navigation package, along with OnStar. It does not support Bluetooth music streaming, but it does support Bluetooth hands free calling, after I figured out I had to set the phone up using OnStar voice commands! (How silly is that)

I really want Apple CarPlay, and I read somewhere that Chevy started offering that in the 2015 and up Stereos. I would like to swap the radio I have with a newer year OEM radio that has CarPlay, but I didn’t know if that was possible, or what parts I would need? I think the CarPlay is a separate module, so just buying a newer radio may not work?

I really don’t care to retain OnStar as I don’t use it, and Navigation is not a must as I would use my phones navigation app if I had CarPlay.

I would like the newer radio to have the hard drive, but that too is not necessary as I would stream all my music from my phone anyways. It’s just nice to rip CDs for playing when I don’t have a phone handy. Currently I play my music by hooking my phone to the USB port as an iPod device. I want Bluetooth streaming.

Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.