Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Rear air conditioning

Search this Thread

Old July 5th, 2015, 9:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear air conditioning

My Tahoe air conditioner blows cold in front but warm in rear, would adding more freon help?
Old July 6th, 2015, 6:29 PM
CF Beginner

No my Tahoe has the same problem that IM trying to figure out now. It's gonna tell you its over because the rear air is not blowing
Originally Posted by Msjski2010
My Tahoe air conditioner blows cold in front but warm in rear, would adding more freon help?
Old July 6th, 2015, 7:54 PM
CF Active Member

Thumbs up

Do yourself a favor and have a qualified AC shop check the system. The total charge of freon is for front & rear units. Depending on the type of compressor your model has, some of them were notorious for the schrader valve(where the hosed fit) on both the low & high side having a slow leak. Each type I washed my engine I noticed some oily residue on one of mine. For the last two seasons I have been adding freon, this year it did not help. A friend of mine has a shop and I took it to him to fix. Both schrader valves were leaking and with a full charge it has not worked this good in several years. Do not think a partial charge will fix it, thay have the sniffer that detects where the leak is. That's the correct way to DIAGNOSE the ac operation. Glad to share this information with you.
David g.
Old July 7th, 2015, 9:37 PM
CF Beginner

I just had my A/C verified on my 08 Burb... I knew i had a leak somewhere since the light flashed 3 times and nothing... well the tech at the local shop pressurized the system but before he put the die in to check with the black light he decided to listen for a leak first. didn't have to have the place to quit to hear it let me tell you. when we tracked it down we discovered it was in the high pressure side above the rear wheel well (dumb place to run an aluminium tube if you ask me). well my option where to block it off and run just the front or to repair it proper. I am a person who likes to keep his vehicles in top shape so i wanted it fixed. what i heard next i could not believe. call the dealer since it was dealer only to see what the part would cost and the response was" part is not available and that it is a common problem with the vihicle,so just block it off and run the front". Tell me is that any way tell someone about something that they say is a common problem, should GM not have part ready and avaliable for something they know will be needed. this makes me angry and very frustrated. I came home and found a replacement part made by a company in MICHIGAN and they say it is 10 times better than the OEM part . has anyone else run into this type of problem with the A/C