Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Rear Barn Doors Seldom Lock with remote

Search this Thread

Old June 23rd, 2022, 8:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Barn Doors Seldom Lock with remote

Have a 2001 Suburban Base Model (Work Truck) with barn door rear doors. For the past couple of years, I have noticed that when I use the keyless remote door lock, the back doors do not lock. I can lock with a key. Any ideas where to check? Clean?
David
Old June 24th, 2022, 8:55 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 166 Likes on 154 Posts

Not sure on a '01 but on my '99 when you open the door you will see some ''pins'' sticking out in the door frame. Those are the connectors for the power to the doors. Clean and silicone grease on the ends.
Old June 26th, 2022, 7:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 2001 GMC Yukon XL, barn doors. I bought it about 5 years ago. The first thing I did was make a list of things that had to be done. Most of them were little piddly things, such as broken antenna, radio **** missing, power window not working and barn doors not locking with the FOB. I got everything fixed except for the barn doors not working. I changed everything: the actuators, the contacts and anything else. I could never figure it out. So I just lived with it.

My wife drove down the driveway when it was dark. Just happened to notice, one of the license plate lights was not working. The next day, I replaced the bulb; all better. That same day when I went to lock the car (I would manually lock the barn doors, and FOB lock the rest), I noticed that all the lights flashed. It had never done that before. Low and behold the barn doors locked. I was stunned.

I can't explain what happened but from the time I replaced the bulb, the barn doors have locked. That's been over 3 years. Go figure.

Check your number plate lights.

Tom

Last edited by Silverfox103; June 27th, 2022 at 7:12 AM.