Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

'03 Suburban: Re-programming auto-locking doors

Search this Thread

Old August 5th, 2007, 10:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 Suburban: Re-programming auto-locking doors

Hello;

I have a 2003 Suburban and recently added two more remotes; I then had to re-program them so they are now programmed as drivers 1-4. This apparently changed the auto-locking doors feature, as they had been set to 'lock' when the transmission was shifted out of 'park' and then the doors unlocked when the transmission was shifted back into 'park'.

Currrently, the doors now 'lock' when the speed gets to approximately 9 miles per hour and unlock when the key is removed from the iginition. The owner's manual gives three different settings that can be programmed, but I don't see the programming steps for 'locking' and 'unlocking' when shifting out of and into 'park'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thank-you...

Richard
Old August 18th, 2007, 2:52 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: '03 Suburban: Re-programming auto-locking doors

ORIGINAL: rjdjbd

Hello;

I have a 2003 Suburban and recently added two more remotes; I then had to re-program them so they are now programmed as drivers 1-4. This apparently changed the auto-locking doors feature, as they had been set to 'lock' when the transmission was shifted out of 'park' and then the doors unlocked when the transmission was shifted back into 'park'.

Currrently, the doors now 'lock' when the speed gets to approximately 9 miles per hour and unlock when the key is removed from the iginition. The owner's manual gives three different settings that can be programmed, but I don't see the programming steps for 'locking' and 'unlocking' when shifting out of and into 'park'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thank-you...

Richard
Looks like no one was familar with this issue; here's the answer from another forum.

On vehicles equipped with steering wheel controls (RPO UK3), DIC control buttons are included. Use the DIC buttons to scroll through the personalization settings to the "Auto Door Lock" feature. There will be to two different settings: "Lock with speed" or "Lock in gear". You will notice there is NO new setting but also there will be no "check marks" next to any of the settings. This means the auto door lock feature is disabled. If there is a "check mark" next to one of the "Auto Door Lock" selections then the only way to remove the "check mark" is to scroll to "Factory Settings" and select "Restore", this will remove the "check mark" thus disabling the "Auto Door Lock" feature.

Note: Please keep in mind that if "Factory Settings Restored" is selected it will change all of the other personalization settings back to the factory settings and they will need to be reset back to the owners settings.
Old July 20th, 2012, 5:41 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default Factory settings

Dear Sir,
I have an 03 Suburban 2500 4x4. The two rear doors and hatch back do not lock with remote, or, with the settings "lock with speed". Do you know how to restore factory settings? I looked through the menu and couldn't find it. It's really driving me nuts not being able to power lock them. This is with my #2 remote. My #1 remote no longer works. All the doors would lock with speed using #1 remote. I'm pretty sure the lock actuators work. Thanks for your time.
Old July 20th, 2012, 8:38 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Did you try a new battery in #1?

You can push the #1 button on the driver's door and it will recall the settings for that fob. If the rear doors work at speed, then you have a fob problem w/ #2. Try reprogramming it.
Old July 25th, 2012, 11:12 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default How to do a factory restore

Dir Sirs,
I have checked the battery in the #1 remote, the remote is no good. I'm getting real confused, because, my truck has a personality. As one of your techs suggested, I used my #2 remote to unlock all doors. Then when I started my truck, I switched to #1 driver. The weird thing is, some time all doors will lock with speed, some times they only lock the front. Sometimes the driver side power door lock will lock all 4 doors, mostly it won't. I can't lock all 4 doors and hatchback with #2 driver setting, driver side door panel. I looked at then steering wheel menu, I'm familar with lock with speed, lock out of park. There is no restore factory settings there. How do I do a factory restore or reprogram? Thanks for your time...

Originally Posted by rjdjbd
Looks like no one was familar with this issue; here's the answer from another forum.

On vehicles equipped with steering wheel controls (RPO UK3), DIC control buttons are included. Use the DIC buttons to scroll through the personalization settings to the "Auto Door Lock" feature. There will be to two different settings: "Lock with speed" or "Lock in gear". You will notice there is NO new setting but also there will be no "check marks" next to any of the settings. This means the auto door lock feature is disabled. If there is a "check mark" next to one of the "Auto Door Lock" selections then the only way to remove the "check mark" is to scroll to "Factory Settings" and select "Restore", this will remove the "check mark" thus disabling the "Auto Door Lock" feature.

Note: Please keep in mind that if "Factory Settings Restored" is selected it will change all of the other personalization settings back to the factory settings and they will need to be reset back to the owners settings.