Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Rear Hatch and Rear Wiper quiet working!

Search this Thread

Old January 11th, 2010, 9:22 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Hatch and Rear Wiper quiet working!

07 Tahoe. About a month ago the rear wiper and the rear lift gate (power latch on the outside handle) quit working. I tryed messing around with it, the kicker is I can't open the lift gate only the back glass. I managed to get the back panel pryed off enough to get to the wiper motor and the latch. when I turn the rear wiper on I can hear a slight clicking, so I tryed tapping on it no luck. Also when pressing on the latch handle (it's power) I can also here the latch klicking and the licence plate bulbs flickering I don't know if they have anything to do with that? also with the headlights on the plate bulbs not coming on? It all most seems like there is not enought power ? I even checked the voltage at the wiper harness and it was around 6 to 8 volts? and that was with the harness detached from the wiper motor. Please Help!!

Last edited by hossler; January 13th, 2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Forgot info
Old January 13th, 2010, 11:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey There...Anybody know how to get the rear lift gate open ...I can open my back glass only. I already have the inner panel peeled back and I don't see how I can get this thing open??
Old January 15th, 2010, 5:50 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Sounds like something is sticking causing a voltage drop but not sure what that would be. Did you try using the overhead console liftgate switch?