Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

recall torque converter

Old December 14th, 2006, 6:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recall torque converter

Is there a recall for the torque converter on the 2007 tahoe and suburbans?
Old December 14th, 2006, 7:00 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: recall torque converter

I am proud to report that there have been no (as in none) recalls (campaigns) on the 2007 GMT900 products.

We have had a couple of products enhancements for the power liftgate and the E85 sensor but that’s about it.
Old December 14th, 2006, 7:08 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are there any TSB/PI documents for the Torque Converter???

What are the enhancements for the power liftgate?? Do they apply at all to the manual liftgate (pistons)???
Old December 14th, 2006, 7:32 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2007 suburban! I know wrong forum! But this one has more info on the 2007s. It has 700 miles on it and recently I have been experiencing a strange vibration in the driver side floor board area, pedals, and in the steering wheel at around 1500rpms. Shifting into second gear also causes this to happen. Somebody else in this forum also had this problem. In the Edmunds forum a post mentioned this problem and they said the dealer replaced the torque conveter. Hence the recall question. Any advice?
Old December 14th, 2006, 11:45 PM
CF Junior Member

I was told yesterday by GMAC Financial that there is a open recall on my Tahoe as of 12/12/2006, but no information is out on it yet. They gave me a recall number, but I have seemed to misplace the number.
Old December 14th, 2006, 11:47 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to MyGMLink.com...

For your peace of mind, we provide recall information for your exact vehicle, based on your VIN. Please complete any recall-related vehicle work as soon as possible.

You've chosen to receive reminders for recalls. Go to the Subscription Center to edit your preferences.

Understanding what causes your vehicle to be recalled.

For more information :
Contact your Preferred Dealer: Locate a dealer
Or
Contact the Chevrolet Customer Assistance: 800-630-2438.

Recall ID: 06162

Your recall letter is not available

Old December 15th, 2006, 12:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If a "RECALL" has been issued for a certain vehicle, all owners of record will receive a notice in the mail. Don't confuse TSB/PI information with recalls, they are not the same.
Old January 8th, 2007, 11:59 PM
CF Junior Member

From another forum -- (sorry if this doesn't belong here)

A little more info on the recall (#06162).

GM is calling it an "enhancement" for flex fuel vehicles (FFV) and are planning on updating dealer inventory and customers I assume as they return to the dealer. It is not a safety related recall. The date of the recall was 12/12/06.

I read a few more of the entries and it appears a re-flash of the computer that might/would allow our Tahoe's to stay in V4 mode longer increasing gas mileage -- would love to see some additional MPGs that the manufacturer supports..

[IMG]local://upfiles/5719/A75FA4EE88DE43B1A9086100E8A8DFDC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5719/997D349F68D94AC39F0F48AB8DD546F3.jpg[/IMG]
Old January 9th, 2007, 2:37 AM
CF Junior Member

My dealer did the recall on my truck and since then Ive noted it sounds like the engine is chugging when in 4 cylinder mode, where I never notice any change before. I also never got a explination of what the recall was about.
Old January 9th, 2007, 1:37 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: tonyH

I read a few more of the entries and it appears a re-flash of the computer that might/would allow our Tahoe's to stay in V4 mode longer increasing gas mileage -- would love to see some additional MPGs that the manufacturer supports..
Dave, any truth to this? I had the recall E85 update completed yesterday. I then drove home and programmed the superchips. I took it for a short, short, 3 mile drive! I ran it pretty hard at times, harder than normal driving and when I got home the MPG seemed better than normal. I read this thinking maybe it was this update recall that was completed. However, it is also possible it is the superchips! So could you please let us know if there is truth to this longerV4 mode thing? I seem to remember it being in V4 more too, could be wrong since it was a short drive. However, again that could be the superchips!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: recall torque converter