Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Recycle/Recirculate Air button

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2008, 1:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recycle/Recirculate Air button

I have done a search for this and it looks like nobody has asked this before. Is there a way to keep the Recycle/Recirculate Air button on? ByONI mean keeping the light lit. In all my other carsI was able to have that option to be able to turn it on and off whenever I pleased. In the Tahoe it seems to restart it's self whenever you turn the car on. I know the reason why it does that, but I just hate when it's a hot day and hot air automaticallycomes in the cabin from outside. I'm new to this forum and so far I've read alot of helpful info. There seems to be a lot of knowledgeablepeople on here (ZX...), so ifanyone has any suggestions that would be great.
Old February 1st, 2008, 2:07 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Recycle/Recirculate Air button

See if this helps...

https://chevroletforum.com/m_29425/tm.htm
Old February 1st, 2008, 2:32 PM
CF Beginner

Sorry I forgot to mention that a have an 07' and my AC is manueal. I also niticed that you can onlyturn on (light on) the Recycle/Recirculate Air button when the air is coming out of the front vents, or combo of front/legsnot onthe DEFOG or LEGS.I know thats normal, butI wan't to be able to keep the settingsas follows- FRONT vents_ Recycle/Recirculate Air button on (light on) no AIR, even after I cut the car off. Thanks for the help in advance.
Old February 1st, 2008, 5:14 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

tahoe,
I know exactly what it is you are asking and understand your frustration; the simple answer is that there is no way to get the RECIRC feature to stay ON when the vehicle is restarted, let me explain why the engineers chose to design the system this way (not that you're going to like or accept this).

The RECIRC function is intended to be operated temporarily (like the fog lamps) it should be switched ON to prevent unpleasant odors from entering the cab and also to assist the air conditioning in quickly cooling the cabin, if the RECIRC feature is ON for extended periods the cabin can become stuffy and CO2 levels can become elevated which can make people tired or uncomfortable, it is for this reason that it was decided to set the default RECIRC position to OFF every time the vehicle is restarted.
Old February 5th, 2008, 7:41 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used to use the recerc button 24/7 on all cars; but most cars that auto adjust the temp use outside air... so now I do, its honestly no different... in fact I like the fresh air a lot more...
Old February 5th, 2008, 9:40 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not only does CO2 build but so does moisture. I love seeing people drive around with the windows so foggy you can't see in (and they can't see out) and they don't understand why.

Next time it's rainy, notice the number of fogged up windows out there. The airs already damp and they are just adding to it. believe it or not but running with recirc off will clear the windows faster. Defrost usually utilzes compressor to really dry air but in vent mode Don't use recirc.
Old February 6th, 2008, 10:48 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Absolutely correct.
Moisture is the reason that RECIRC cannot be selected ON when in the DEFOG mode in Tahoe's.