Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

relentless chirping noise

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2014, 9:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 67Motorcat
So sorry your mechanic took a ridiculous amount of your bank account.Not knowing what to do and experimenting at your expense.

All the while it was your serpentine belt probably replaced with a inexpensive Auto Parts variety...and the noise remained.

Seen it before...replace with a GM belt from the Dealer.Most trucks can get away with the cheapy belt,some can't for whatever reason.Most seem to think it's the water pump pulley once the paint wears off,it rotates on the slick side of the belt.Probably different metallurgy from different OEM suppliers.

Well known in the performance shop arena.
That was it!!!! After 3 different X changing belts and money invested the catalyst was wrong belts. The certified GM dealer replaced with the right belt and..... Bingo!! My fault for not taking it to GM dealer to begin with. Trying to save money backfired on me. Sticking with certified dealers from now on. Thank you.... Thank you
Old May 9th, 2014, 7:25 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great news man!

Hopefully that tid-bit of info will help some other people as well.
Old March 29th, 2022, 10:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey sorry i'm replying years after you made this post but i'm having the exact same problem on my tahoe I have done many repairs to the tahoe like replacing the belt tenioner and a few pulleys and the belt but the sound remains. The truck idles and will chirp and while moving sometimes it doesn't chirp but sometimes it does. when I press the breaks the truck chirps as well. I would just like to know where you go to get the belt and how to go about the process of getting the belt or if anyone else has any advice as well then I am all ears.
Old March 31st, 2022, 8:28 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 166 Likes on 154 Posts

I use Rock Auto as the parts lookup there is more accurate than the box store websites.