Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Removing 3rd row seat with a broken latch system

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2017, 12:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing 3rd row seat with a broken latch system

I have a 2008 chevy Tahoe with a split 3rd row. I have removed the left seat with no problem. The right seat appears to have a broken latch/release system. I can't get the seat out, nor can I get it to flip forward. The problem appears to be in the #2 lever system. When I pull the # 3 lever, I can hear and see the front latches releasing. I think the back left anchor is the one that is not releasing. How do I get this seat out with a broken release system? My belief is, to fix it, the seat would need to be out. Thanks for any help. Matt
Old September 12th, 2017, 7:20 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Try searching the forum because someone had a similar problem last week. I think they solved it by taking some of the trim off and found that the cable was broken and had to release the latch manually.
Old September 12th, 2017, 8:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for replying 73shark. I found that thread you mentioned and his problem is different than mine. His problem was with the seat back. My seat back does fold down. My problem is one of the rear anchors (the left one I think) is not releasing. I have taken off the plastic covers and messed with it. I can't get it to budge.