Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Rent to own wheels...Good Idea?

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2008, 8:59 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rent to own wheels...Good Idea?

ORIGINAL: RonH

ORIGINAL: AZSCTACO

Or you could wait for your tax rebate in May and buy them on the Government
Buy them on the Government??? You don't really understand all that wellhow that system works, do you?
Again...i was referring to the rebate checks we are getting. And yes, I do know how the system works. Good try though
Old January 25th, 2008, 9:03 AM
davemec

So since I can't afford to pay for a house with cash, I guess I should just live in a box according to your logic.
Old January 25th, 2008, 9:18 AM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: davemec

So since I can't afford to pay for a house with cash, I guess I should just live in a box according to your logic.
Well........Since a roof over your head is in the catagory of a "need" and a set of shiny rims is a "want".....that would be my reason for not rent-to-owning rims. Also buying a house is an investment which should increase in value. Since you brought us logic......what is yours??? My opinion is RTOing rims is retarded.
Old January 25th, 2008, 9:45 AM
davemec

Well........Since a roof over your head is in the catagory of a "need" and a set of shiny rims is a "want".....that would be my reason for not rent-to-owning rims. Also buying a house is an investment which should increase in value. Since you brought us logic......what is yours??? My opinion is RTOing rims is retarded.
If you actually look at my post you will see that I wasn't replying to you. The poster asked for opinions on renting some wheels, he didn't ask to be told how to live his life financially.
Old January 25th, 2008, 10:21 AM
CF Active Member

I see now.....

I'll keep my financial opinions to my self
Old January 25th, 2008, 2:15 PM
CF Beginner

Paying Rent for something is silly. You don't own them until you've paid close to twice what they'd cost if you shelled-out the dough and bought them outright. Sure ... these companies enjoy having you Rent something and collecting your fees for wheels and such. But, they play hardball if you get behind or miss a payment by the deadline.

Start savin'-up and get yourself squared-away financially so you don't have to be victimized by high rent and interest and the severe penalties that are levied if you get careless and miss a payment!

Bottom line ... as everyone else has said. You renting them means you really can't afford them right now.
They're just wheels, anyway.
Old January 25th, 2008, 3:22 PM
CF Active Member

Yeah...and you get to write off the interest on a house as a tax deductible. Try that with your shiny new wheels...hehehe. And about the tax rebate coming, lucky dogs, I don't qualify...hehehehe...so you all make sure you take that money and run to the store and buy something special for yourselves (like your shiney wheels) so the rest of us benefit too!!!
Old January 25th, 2008, 4:40 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for all the input!