Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Replace Radio Buttons and others

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2011, 9:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replace Radio Buttons and others

I purchased a used 08 suburban about a month ago and slowly been replacing some small detail items.

I like to replace one of the buttons on the radio that came standard along with the auxiliary female input that allows you to connect your MP3 player.

Just wondering if any knows where I can buy these components without have to purchase a new radio. Soldering the auxiliary MP3 input is not a problem for me.

thanks.....
Old August 22nd, 2011, 3:31 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Augmont,

For both of these issues I would recommend talking to your dealer. Let them know what kind of changes you are looking to make, what you want out of the finished product and they will be able to provide you with more information and more options regarding this matter.

Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Assistance
Old August 22nd, 2011, 4:39 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Augmont,

For both of these issues I would recommend talking to your dealer. Let them know what kind of changes you are looking to make, what you want out of the finished product and they will be able to provide you with more information and more options regarding this matter.

Breanne
Chevrolet Customer Assistance
thanks.......i'll give them a try.
Old August 22nd, 2011, 8:48 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Probably have better luck picking up a junk radio at a salvage yard.
Old August 24th, 2011, 12:01 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Probably have better luck picking up a junk radio at a salvage yard.
No luck on salvage yard. I decided to get a cheap used radio on Ebay since i'm only using it to harvest two components. The dealer route was basically the cost of a new radio. I figured if i needed to replace the radio I might upgrade to something better.

Curious to know if i can upgrade to a navigation system without the premium system. I know i don't have the bose system. I can provide VIN if someone can check.