Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Replaced battery, now rear HVAC not working on my 2000 Suburban K1500 88k Miles

Search this Thread

Old July 27th, 2011, 6:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced battery, now rear HVAC not working on my 2000 Suburban K1500 88k Miles

I just had autozone replace my 7 year old battery today and my rear HVAC no longer works. I know this is the case because it's 100F today and the front and rear were both running just fine.

I had the Autozone guy (first mistake) test my alternator (good) then the battery (bad). He replaced the battery and when I started the truck my fuel gauge was pointing straight down. I slapped my dash board and the gauge read properly again. I drove away and then noticed the roar from the rear HVAC was not blowing (sucks!) The fuses in under the hood and in side the passenger compartment were replaced but it did not change a thing.

Mercedes Benz cars from the 90's were notorious of having blown instrument clusters from improper jump starting and I'm wondering if the HVAC controls managed to get goofed up when they replaced the battery.

Help, it's hot as all get out here in Saint Louis and my 18 month old grand daughter must be in a cool environment. Thank god the front unit is working as is everything else on the truck.
Old August 1st, 2011, 10:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear ac???

I just posted under another thread for similar problem that I had. Check the voltage supply to the rear fan. If you do not have 12+ volts you may have a bad connection in multi-pin plug located to left of driver foot behind panel. If you need info on wires, email me at mrfixit503@aol.com. I believe wire at fan was purple but I could be wrong. I will pull up schematic 4u if u need.