Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Replacing '02 dash with '03+ double din bezel - tips for modifying climate controls?

Search this Thread

Old November 27th, 2020, 3:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing '02 dash with '03+ double din bezel - tips for modifying climate controls?

I ordered an OEM dash bezel for '03+ Tahoes and such so I could install a double din head unit in my '02 Tahoe and am looking for advice on integrating it with the non-digital climate controls. I knew going in that the climate controls would be the only obstacle, but based on what I read I assumed it would be a relatively simple process of relocating the control unit up or down when in fact the bezel won't fit over the controls and they can't be installed after since the opening is too small.

Is this simply a case of cutting it to size? Is there any other way?

Thanks for any help.

In an almost completely unrelated question, can resetting the PCM multiple times in a short time cause any issues? I've been working on and off installing audio gear and am to the point that I must occasionally connect the power to test and then remove the negative cable again to fix any problems and continue working.

Last edited by Sintek; November 27th, 2020 at 3:59 PM.