Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Replacing Bose system

Search this Thread

Old September 15th, 2006, 2:04 PM
davemec

Default Replacing Bose system

Has anyone tried to replace the bose speakers and amp in their Tahoe? I am interested in doing this and wanted to know if anyone came up with a good location to put an amp that is somewhat hidden. My old Trailbalzer had a little storage area in the rear cargo floor that was a perfect place to hide an amp.
Old September 15th, 2006, 2:36 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Replacing Bose system

One thing for sure about the '07 Tahoe, there is no where to hide anything...
Old September 16th, 2006, 6:54 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Amen to that brother!
Old September 18th, 2006, 2:16 PM
CF Active Member

i'm in the process of doing this upgrade however this no space for an 4ch amp except on the rear seat. one bad thing about the swap out is that if ur gonna do the radio too u also need a metra gmoslan02 to retain the onstar and door chime. you will also need to get run new speaker wires the pillars so u dont have to go to the output of the bose amp to get the speaker wire. chevy makes it pretty easy though to locate the speaker wires in the pillars because they are twisted together. hope this helps. any other questions feel free to ask.

ps - a some alpine 4 ch mite be able to fit in the center console..
Old September 18th, 2006, 2:39 PM
davemec

Thanks. Are you using one 4ch amp to run all eight speakers? Also, if you have any pictures of your install please post them. I would like to see how the amp looks attached to the back seat.
Old September 19th, 2006, 6:22 PM
CF Active Member

i'm actually using a 6 ch amp to run 3 way components in the front and 6.5in point sources in the rear doors...everything else will be disconnected. once i get it all done i will post pictures. i'm prob makin a custom enclosure for my subs and amp instead of mounting the amp to the rear seat since my 6ch is too big... i also just changed my radio over to the pioneer avic z1 and it looks sweet in the dash cause it practucally sits flush which is alot better than the eclipse avn 6600 that i originally had....
Old September 28th, 2006, 5:53 PM
CF Beginner

I replaced it. Well not fully cause my amp is still there. It only has the rear speakers that are located on the pillar installed to it. I have kicker components in the front and the stocks on the rear doors. I installed my 4ch. amp under the rear seat. I will be making a lil stage under the seat to put both of my amps there as well.
Old September 28th, 2006, 7:14 PM
davemec

Have any pictures of the install?
Old October 3rd, 2006, 1:31 AM
CF Junior Member

JL has a stealthbox that replaces the factory sub. With that and some new speakers, it'd be rockin'.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 11:56 AM
davemec

Thanks, I'll check that out. I would think I would need to replace the factory amp to power the new speakers though.

Quick Reply: Replacing Bose system