Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Replacing Bose system

Search this Thread

Old October 3rd, 2006, 12:01 PM
davemec

Default RE: Replacing Bose system

adjmcloon, does JL make one for an 07 yet, or are you talking about the boxes for 06 and earlier tahoes?
Old October 7th, 2006, 5:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to a guy I spoke with at JL, they have a stealth box for the '07 now. I have an '07 and am interested, but does anyone know if the JL boxes come powered, or not? The Bose is fine for mids and highs, and with a decent sub I think it would be rockin'.
Old October 8th, 2006, 11:11 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: adjmcloon

According to a guy I spoke with at JL, they have a stealth box for the '07 now. I have an '07 and am interested, but does anyone know if the JL boxes come powered, or not? The Bose is fine for mids and highs, and with a decent sub I think it would be rockin'.
i leleive most of the stealth boxes need a seperate amp to power them.
Old October 11th, 2006, 12:41 AM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: davemec

Has anyone tried to replace the bose speakers and amp in their Tahoe? I am interested in doing this and wanted to know if anyone came up with a good location to put an amp that is somewhat hidden. My old Trailbalzer had a little storage area in the rear cargo floor that was a perfect place to hide an amp.
dave as i was installing my headrest monitors today i came across a good location for an amp. if u flip ur 2nd row seats all the way foward and remove the covering underneath the seat u can easily fit an amp under the seat. its only held by industrial velcro, u mite just have to pull kinda hard to remove it but u wont break anything when attempting to remove it.
Old October 11th, 2006, 11:34 AM
davemec

Thanks xclusive. I'll have to take a look at it this weekend. I did notice the space underneath the second row seats on the floor, but I would have to get a small (dimensions) amp to be able to fit it under there. If you put an amp under the seat where you are saying, is there a way to route the wiring and still be able to flip the seats?
Old October 11th, 2006, 11:04 PM
CF Active Member

yes just under the carpet. look into a zapco amp they are small, but excellent quality however a lil expensive...
Old October 12th, 2006, 11:35 AM
davemec

Thanks. I checked it out today and see what you are talking about. I'll have to check out the zapco amps.