Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old October 4th, 2006, 2:00 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Remote Start

Hello:

It's finally cooling down in Michigan and I'm starting to use the remote start. My question is at what temperature does the truck turn on the heated seats? Is this programmable? I believe it only turns on the heated seats in the front. Is there a way to have it turn on the rear seats also?

Jason
Old October 4th, 2006, 2:14 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Remote Start

The only way to activate your seat heaters is manually, once you enter the vehicle and insert and turn the key to "RUN" then you can activate the seat heaters.
They warm up rapidly.
Old October 4th, 2006, 2:27 PM
CF Active Member

Dave:

It seems that the front seats turn on automatically as long as the external temp is below 50 Degrees F. Was your response in regards to the rears?

Jason
Old October 4th, 2006, 2:31 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you saying that the seats (front) turn on automatically when the temp is below 50 degrees?
Old October 4th, 2006, 2:34 PM
CF Active Member

So far it's only happened twice, both on cold mornings, but the two front seats were turned on. Once you insert the key and turn it to run they turn off. I love the feature, but was wondering if there was a way to have the back seats do the same.

I'm not positive about 50 degrees being the temp it happens at... it may be 45 or 40

Jason
Old October 4th, 2006, 3:31 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has not gotten that cold down here in the Carolina's as of yet. Just some chilly 50 something degree mornings.
Old October 4th, 2006, 3:35 PM
CF Active Member

anyone else?
Old October 4th, 2006, 4:31 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got my 2007 tahoe and havent reveiwed the manual on this topice. But I saw this post and wanted to ask some questions. I have had viper 791xv remote start alarms on all my other vehicles. So this remote start is a bit of a disappointment.

However, what is the range on the remote start? Is there a way for the transmitter to communicate to the user that the vehicle has started? Like a chirp, or vibrate, or anything?

Lastly, the vehicle just has to be locked to be started by remote, correct? Could it be locked for 5 hours, then remote started? Or does it have to be recently locked then started? It seems I have to hit the lock button right before it starts with the remote, it wont start after a long period of time.
Old October 4th, 2006, 4:32 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got my 2007 tahoe and havent reveiwed the manual on this topice. But I saw this post and wanted to ask some questions. I have had viper 791xv remote start alarms on all my other vehicles. So this remote start is a bit of a disappointment.

However, what is the range on the remote start? It seems to be very close?

Is there a way for the transmitter to communicate to the user that the vehicle has started? Like a chirp, or vibrate, or anything?

Lastly, the vehicle just has to be locked to be started by remote, correct? Could it be locked for 5 hours, then remote started? Or does it have to be recently locked then started? It seems I have to hit the lock button right before it starts with the remote, it wont start after a long period of time.
Old October 4th, 2006, 5:23 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry Jason, I thought you had a handle on the front seats and were just asking about the rear.
The rear heated seat heated feature is manual, they should not come on when the RVS system is activated and the function cannot be set to memory nor does it have a low temperature that activates it.
The front seats will turn on during colder outside temps but will shut off when the key is turned on.

The remote vehicle start (RVS) system has an operating range of roughly 200', there is no feedback from the transmitter to tell you that the system has activated a start, the only way to tell is that the start sequence has completed is that the parking lamps will illuminate and stay on.
You must first press the lock button prior to remotely starting the vehicle regardless of whether the vehicle was already locked or not.

Quick Reply: Remote Start