Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Rubbing sound when turning

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2023, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

That's disappointing.

Well make sure you register your complaint, call often, and hopefully they come up with a resolution soon.
Old November 22nd, 2023, 5:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tamarinky
2021 Suburban RST Diesel
The vehicle makes a rubbing noise when turning the wheel. The tires are not rubbing. The dealership has stated that the power steering lines are getting pressed, and GM has no fix. Also, ball joints are rubbing but waiting for new ones to be invented out of a different type of metal. Anyone with this same issue?
Yes, mine started about two months ago on 2021 Suburban RST. It’s louder now that it’s cold out. It eventually goes away the more you drive it. Been to the dealer once only for them to say they couldn’t not duplicate. Back to the dealer Monday. Differential is full of oil.
Old November 27th, 2023, 12:25 PM
CF Beginner

My 21 has the same issue. Dealer had it for a week. They heard it, but could not diagnose it.
They also changed some fluids. The noise has been getting worse.
Old November 29th, 2023, 7:38 AM
CF Beginner

Default Rubbing sound when turning in the morning.

Originally Posted by marilm
I have a 2021 suburban rst same issue rubbing sound when turning worse when car is first started, brought it to the dealer they replaced rear diff fluid and also change transfer case fluid it’s not fixed.
Any fixes, mine has been in shop twice, they sad could not replicate. Left for a week when out of town, was able to do it right away. Anyone got a fix to this issue yet?
Old November 29th, 2023, 1:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default Would love to get an answer

'21 Z71 Tahoe with this issue .. getting louder as it's colder out now.. getting ready to call the dealer for an appointment.
Old December 3rd, 2023, 11:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Same Problem

Hello All,

Hoping all is well. My 2021 Tahoe LS started doing same noise/rubbing when turning but goes away after couple turns. Tried to replicate when reversing but doesn't. I took it in to dealer and they couldn't replicate. They instead found other slight noise in engine and replacing minor thing however I asked them that when I go back this week I want to drive with the tech no that I can hopefully replicate and he or she can hear it. Any suggestions or what outcomes you all may have had are appreciated. Kinda frustrating to be honest, I'm sure you all share the same sentiments. Thanks.
Old December 12th, 2023, 3:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Bumping this... I've had this looked at 3 times and they could not replicate the sound and suggested I leave it over night. Which of course is hard to do when you NEED the car. Anyone else get this resolved? Only happens when the car sits for X period of time and its colder (I am in Florida)
The following users liked this post:
Erikmoncadajr (December 12th, 2023)
Old December 12th, 2023, 5:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtendo
Bumping this... I've had this looked at 3 times and they could not replicate the sound and suggested I leave it over night. Which of course is hard to do when you NEED the car. Anyone else get this resolved? Only happens when the car sits for X period of time and its colder (I am in Florida)
I am in West Palm Beach Florida and going Monday to get this looked at - really annoying - will be driving with tech to duplicate as they seem to not hear, it its crazy. Hopefully it is only the lube in the differential because seriously thinking of trading it in, first the lifters and now this. It's too much for a 2021 tahoe with only 33,000 miles.

Last edited by Erikmoncadajr; December 12th, 2023 at 5:33 PM.
Old December 13th, 2023, 9:56 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Erikmoncadajr
I am in West Palm Beach Florida and going Monday to get this looked at - really annoying - will be driving with tech to duplicate as they seem to not hear, it its crazy. Hopefully it is only the lube in the differential because seriously thinking of trading it in, first the lifters and now this. It's too much for a 2021 tahoe with only 33,000 miles.
24,000 miles for us. Only happens in the morning or when the car has been sitting for a while. Let me know what your tech says. My appointment isn't until January 9th....gotta love how getting service appointments are always so far out now.
Old December 13th, 2023, 10:02 AM
CF Beginner

Look what I found!!!!!!

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...30610-0001.pdf
The following 3 users liked this post by tomtendo:
GHeeb (January 4th, 2024), jpdgr8 (March 13th, 2024), Rednucleus (December 13th, 2023)

Quick Reply: Rubbing sound when turning