Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

seat pocket question LS

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2007, 12:45 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat pocket question LS

I am having the pocket on back of the front passenger seat replaced. It was loose from the day I bought it (month ago).
Dealer could not fix so they suggested that they will order new part. Yesterday they called me and informed me that they need to replace
the drivers seat pocket too. They said that now it is plastic instead of cloth. So in order to have matching they need to replace both.
Any of you guys driving LS, have plastic pocket on back of the seats or is it full cloth ?
What about on LT's bucket seats ? I am just curious if it is truth that now GM only makes the part (part cloth part exposed plastic
pocket itself is cloth but the part above it is plastic) If it is truth then I would think that Tahoes made after certain date would have the same pocket as
the one they want to put in my vehicle. BTW, It does look significantly worse then the original.
Thanks for any feedback
Old January 4th, 2007, 2:24 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: seat pocket question LS

I have an LT, leather seats. THey have the matching leather, or I am sure the back of the seats as well of the pockets is the vinyl!
Old January 4th, 2007, 10:23 PM
CF Active Member

My seats areall cloth
Old January 5th, 2007, 3:22 AM
CF Junior Member

my seats are all cloth as well.
Old January 5th, 2007, 9:37 AM
CF Junior Member

Thanks guys. What the dealer is telling me is that now the replacement part (the back panel with the pocket) is only available with hard plastic
above the pocket. The pocket itself is cloth. It looks worse then the original. I guess I am either stuck with ugly plastic on my seats in my new Tahoe
or I ask them to put back the old all cloth panel with the pocket and deal with the passenger seat pocket being loose.
Or just fix it myself. I contacted Chevy customer service, but nobody responded. My Tahoe is third day at the shop. That is for the third time also.
It's costing me time, money and gas but they don't seem to care too much.
"Good job" Chevrolet. []

Old January 5th, 2007, 4:43 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd have the new plastic panel installed if it were my Tahoe; the new panel is to address a durability issue.
I don't spend much time in the back seat looking at the front seat-back myself, but that's just me.
Old January 5th, 2007, 6:04 PM
CF Junior Member

ZX1100F1, I guess you have a point there I just wish GM's plastic paneling didn't look so cheap. So the less of this hard plastic it is in the Tahoe the better.I don't spend much time back there either But I know that the plastic will eventually get scratched up. I did find Tahoe on the lot that already has the new panels. So everybody will get these new "improved" und ugly panels.
Old January 14th, 2007, 2:45 PM
CF Junior Member

OK got my Thaoe back after some time due to some other issues. The panels do look worse then the previous one. On top of it the color doesn't match.It's close but it looks like something that has been repaired or changed. I know I have been posting only about problems and issues. I do admit that the Tahoe looks good and I love the way it handles, it's comfy and I could list many positive things about it.
But buying new vehicle and have problems (even they are not major so far) from day one and have the vehicle in service for 50 % of time of ownership would upset anybody. Here are pictures of original (lower picture with all cloth) and what I have now

[IMG]local://upfiles/5489/668F7BB0561746888ED1EA6A2CF98FD9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5489/E0AFD4FB1D1443EEBC4AF4D407DE83D5.jpg[/IMG]
Old January 16th, 2007, 3:33 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear you have having so many issues. It sounds like most are minor, but it would bug the crap out of me as well. It also sounds like your vehicle is the exception rather then the rule are far as having the quantity of issues on one vehicle. I would document everything. I dont believe it to be a GM or Tahoe thing. I have several friends who have identical Explorers, one has 180,000 miles no problems since day one and another has 109,000 miles with all sorts of issues (Same Model Same Year). I hope things get better.
Old January 16th, 2007, 11:34 AM
CF Junior Member

Thanks. Yes they all seem to be minor issues and I understand one or two may happen, but more the that is very hard to accept. Maybe my Tahoe was built on Friday afternoon, who knows. What would you suggest I do about the pockets not being 100% color match with the seats? I just wish that they fix all the issues at once so I can enjoy the Tahoe little more then I was able until now.
And I know that it's not only GM. I had 01 Dodge Ram that was bought back after replacing door 2 times (defect from factory), transmission that they kept saying is fine until it blew up while they were test-driving it and finally crashing rear bumper at the shop, but this is of the subject.