Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service Battery Charging System...one thing after another

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2019, 7:46 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cusser
A bench grinder is a really handy tool. I've also sharpened stuff such as mower blades, ground down box wrenches for more access, etc. Just be sure to ALWAYS wear safety glasses and watch your hands using this.
I totally agree...I'm sure one day I will need one.

Originally Posted by tech2
no grinding required.

the alternator has sliding threaded bushings that wedge tight when its installed...that's how its designed. next time...place the alternator on a bench....thread the bolt into the alternator and support the ear of the alternator...tap the bolt with a hammer to slide the bushing back...and the alternator will slide into place.
I did see a video where the person tapped those bushings loose, but I was worries I would warp them somehow and they would never be the same, lol.

Originally Posted by Nick Christopher
Hello I know this is un related .I dont Kno how to start a new thread
Hey Nick, just go to the forum you want to post in, and look for an amber button that says "New thread", but I can't remember if being a newly registered member affects when youu can start a new post.