Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service Tire Pressure Monitor

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2011, 7:08 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CoachVince
I will give it a try. I should have checked the manual as it does explain the process..but more likely as has been mentioned,they left the sensors off,that is why they told me to go to Les Schwab...kind of odd the dealer didn't know this?

Dude, u cant go wrong It's 5 min process

Looks complicated, but is easy as hell.

Ignition must be ON (ACC possition)
press the Driver Information Center (DIC) vehicle information button until the PRESS TO RELEARN TIRE POSITIONS message displays.

Start with the driver side front tire.
Remove the valve cap from the valve cap stem. Activate the TPMS sensor by increasing or decreasing the tire's air pressure for five seconds, or until a horn chirp sounds. The horn chirp, which may take up to 30 seconds to sound, confirms that the sensor identification code has been matched to this tire and wheel position.

do the same for FL, RL, RR.

The horn sounds two times to indicate the sensor identification code has been matched
Turn the ignition switch to LOCK/OFF.
Set all four tires to the recommended air pressure level as indicated on the Tire and Loading Information label.
Put the valve caps back on the valve stems.

Print this that u don't miss anything on this "complicated" process )))
Old October 24th, 2012, 1:50 PM
FHD
CF Beginner

Default Relearn tire pressure / logo problem removal

Originally Posted by vrso2
Dude, u cant go wrong It's 5 min process

Looks complicated, but is easy as hell.

Ignition must be ON (ACC possition)
press the Driver Information Center (DIC) vehicle information button until the PRESS TO RELEARN TIRE POSITIONS message displays.

Start with the driver side front tire.
Remove the valve cap from the valve cap stem. Activate the TPMS sensor by increasing or decreasing the tire's air pressure for five seconds, or until a horn chirp sounds. The horn chirp, which may take up to 30 seconds to sound, confirms that the sensor identification code has been matched to this tire and wheel position.

do the same for FL, RL, RR.

The horn sounds two times to indicate the sensor identification code has been matched
Turn the ignition switch to LOCK/OFF.
Set all four tires to the recommended air pressure level as indicated on the Tire and Loading Information label.
Put the valve caps back on the valve stems.

Print this that u don't miss anything on this "complicated" process )))

hi , sounds easym since my TPMS isnt showing front left tire pressure , i assume that it wont relearn the data , please advise, shall i change the TPMS ??
Old October 24th, 2012, 4:47 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

FHD, welcome to the forum...

Many tire shops have a tool for reading the TPMS in the wheel to see if its sending out a signal... a trip to a quality tire shop and they can tell you if the unit is sending or not...
Old October 28th, 2012, 2:18 PM
CF Beginner

Angry Tire pressure monitoring system

I have a TPMS problem on 1 tire that was repaired by cheverolet 1 year ago. The same sensor went out again. I am not paying $200 again to have this repaired. Can I disable the TPMS? I am tired of looking at this light. I can check my own tire pressure.
Old October 28th, 2012, 4:32 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by williamsnfl
I have a TPMS problem on 1 tire that was repaired by cheverolet 1 year ago. The same sensor went out again. I am not paying $200 again to have this repaired. Can I disable the TPMS? I am tired of looking at this light. I can check my own tire pressure.
You might want to check with the dealer that did the repair it may still be covered...
Old October 31st, 2012, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Also you can buy TPMS sensors on ebay for about $35. My dealer just breaks the bead next to the sensor and replaces w/o removing the tire. That way no remount and balancing charge. $200 is a tad high.
Old May 28th, 2013, 5:13 AM
CF Beginner

Default tPMS

All,

Where can I buy inexpensive but good quality sensors for my stock wheels, I know the 2 rarely mix but wondering, also do anyone know the tire size of the stock 20 in rims for a 2008 LT version
Old May 28th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum.

See Post #16 for TPMS source.

275/55-20
Old June 7th, 2013, 7:58 PM
CF Beginner

Wink Best way around TPMS !!!

This is what I'm in the process of doing... Its easy cheap and best of all NO LIGHT !

OH ... P.S. I'm building mine so that I have 4 valves sticking out.... only so that I can assure that my Tahoe sees each individual sensor correctly and in case I need to trouble shoot in the future... (I'm not sure how this guy separated the sensors when calibrating them)

Last edited by 1000101; June 7th, 2013 at 8:02 PM.
Old June 7th, 2013, 9:19 PM
Administrator

I think he relied on each sensor being different enuf that it would trip the monitor at a different pressure.

Don't forget that this only works 'til the first battery fails.

I guess I don't see why it's so hard to just check your pressure once a month but then I don't understand why folks drive around w/ their fog lites on, some even in the daytime.

Quick Reply: Service Tire Pressure Monitor