Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service Tire Pressure Monitor

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2014, 10:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What if the tires werent new and you got the message

One day I was just driving a long and got the service Tire Monitor System message - I wasn't doing anything different - had air pressure checked and the message went off for a couple of days and then came back on. Had it checked by a guy with a computer thing but it didn't register. Had all 4 tires changed to new - message still there - Tire shop (Goodyear) couldn't reset it.
Is this really as easy as these messages suggest or could I stuff it -still under warranty but pain in the neck to get to the service centre (hours)
Old May 5th, 2014, 8:50 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Did the problem show up before or after the four new tires?

If before, then I'd take it to the dealer service. If not, then the tire installer may have damaged them.
Old May 6th, 2014, 1:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Both - it was why I got the new tires

I got the message a week ago -then went to a little tire place and they checked the air - added air in the front left and a bit in the back ones(although a message had flicked up that the front right was low), anyway he added air and all was well for a day and it came up again - so I went to the local Chevrolet franchise (acdelco) and they said they don't do tires but recommended a place down the road - I went there and they said my tires had cracks and needed changing - and that the rear right was down to 35 the others were 41 - he then said he found a leak. So they recommended new tires (the tires were 4 1/2 years old and I live in the Middle East QATAR where the temperature regularly hits mid 40's celcius so tire life is an issue here. Anyway over $1000 in tires later I drove off - I had an hour journey the next day and sure enough the message flashed up again

ok so short answer - yes it was there before the tires were changed and later -BUT I may have solved some of the mystery - I googled it then went out and used the button that flicks through settings on the right of the steering - the tire pressures show no reading for the right hand front - so I am hoping its just a sensor problem and if I get that changed I will be sorted. fingers crossed
Old May 6th, 2014, 2:56 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

nzree Thanks for the follow up, I think you are on the right track
let us know