Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service Trailer brake system error AND reverse cam video loss

Search this Thread

Old July 11th, 2018, 6:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Trailer brake system error AND reverse cam video loss

Hi all, I’ve search the forms and read a bunch of threads but I can’t find the information I’m looking for

The other day I was installing some equipment towards the rear of the vehicle at 2014 Chevrolet suburban and when I was complete and started the vehicle I realized the check engine light is now on and I have discovered two problems the first is I am getting an alert on the dash telling me service trailer brake system and the other issue is when I put the car into reverse I am not getting any reverse back up camera picture on my factory radio display

I’m gently looked around to see if I’ve accidentally disconnected any harnesses or damaged any wiring but I cannot find anything that makes me believe that has occurred so I’m thinking that it’s possible I bumped a harness wire loose on the inside the rear tailgate driver side pillar or possibly along the route that I ran wiring on the driver side floor board extending all the way up to where the emergency break footpedal is

does anyone have any suggestions on what might’ve become loose disturbed or damaged?

i don’t think I have accidentally disconnected any harnesses
Also I’m thinking it might be helpful if someone has a schematic or can tell me the path of the harness or harnesses that are carrying the wiring for the two systems that are now having a problem I’d hate to take this to the dealer and get killed for something that I believe is most likely a very simple fix

The last question that I have and I’m hoping it’s OK to post in the same thread is where is my best position to obtain a 15 amp switched ignition source?

I tapped into a spot underneath the hood on the main distribution fuse panel that is labeled as miscellaneous ignition but I don’t believe that would be the cause of these two problems I’ve listed thanks very much this is my first post I find this board very informative

Last edited by ALEX516516; July 11th, 2018 at 8:56 PM.
Old July 11th, 2018, 6:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default Additional information

Additional information

I neglected to mention that the first time I noticed it was not working and then put it in park and tried it again and I had a picture but the next time I put it in reverse it did not work so I do not think anything is blown I’m thinking it’s more likely a loose connection
Old July 11th, 2018, 9:17 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

You might list just what you installed and what connections you made.
Old July 11th, 2018, 9:51 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Welcome to the forum.

You might list just what you installed and what connections you made.
rear fog lights that I have since disconnected wiring

i obtained primary power via battery, switched ignition powers a relay that cuts off power of the line when vehicle is off