Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Shorted out my PCM

Search this Thread

Old March 3rd, 2024, 12:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shorted out my PCM

I NEED HELP! The positive post on my battery laid on the metal fender and shorted out MY PCM and ECU, completely dead-cluster froze at 38mph and 1700 rpms, no lights no nothing. I replaced the pcm and ECU and my whole cluster back to normal... Well, about 50-75 miles and a day later I was driving and smelled burning rubber/wire. The dash started bellowing out thick white smoke and hood as well. Had to hurry and kill it @25mph, stop jump out and throw wet sand all over floorboard and under hood. No visual flames but I could tell it was about to combust. It wasn't the colorful wiring harness that was stating to melt, it's down there by all the wires behind the emer brake pedal, tucked all way in the corner and leads out to my fenderwell behind the plastic fender guard. Is this all I need to replace?

Old March 3rd, 2024, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 615 Likes on 556 Posts

Please do not hijack ancient threads. Use the yellow "New Thread" button at the top to start your own, and always provide your vehicle details please.

All that janky custom wiring needs to come out, and be redone properly. Fuses, grommets, loom, and cable management. That is a total mess and a fire waiting to happen.