Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

should I add chrome package?

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2010, 8:44 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile should I add chrome package?

Hey guys. I have a 07 Tahoe LT. It has the 20' oem wheels. Not the high polish but the polished aluminum. I have the pained door handles and mirrors and the black grill. Im thinking about getting all the after market chrome for the door handles, mirrors and the chrome meche grill like the LTZ package's. Do you think it would look good with my color or should I just leave it all painted with the black grill. Im not sure yet. Its greystome metallic.

Thanks guys
Old April 27th, 2010, 2:30 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Instead of the chrome mesh LTZ grill, I'd go for a billet grill. Putco sells a chrome mirror cover that covers the whole mirror, not just the top half like the factory.
Old April 30th, 2010, 2:06 PM
CF Junior Member

Im not sure about the grill yet. You think I should add the chrome mirror covers or replace the caps and get the chrome door handle covers?
I think it was change the look a little instead of everything painted.
I would probally then get the LTZ grill or a billet.
It would look like a 2010 with the chrome handles and mirrors.
Old April 30th, 2010, 6:55 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

The LTZ also has chrome on the side moldings and across the top of the rear bumper.

With 5% tint on top of the factory tint, do you have any trouble seeing out at nite? I bought a IROC-Z w/ 5% and had to roll the side windows down in areas that had no street lites.
Old April 30th, 2010, 7:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by 73shark
The LTZ also has chrome on the side moldings and across the top of the rear bumper.

With 5% tint on top of the factory tint, do you have any trouble seeing out at nite? I bought a IROC-Z w/ 5% and had to roll the side windows down in areas that had no street lites.
Yea I saw those trim peices on the new ones. Mine would not have those. Just the mirrors and door handles. I would do the grill also.

Mine has two sheets of 15% in the front. It's about 5% but I'm kinda used to it because my silverado had 5%. It's a little hard in some areas where I may have to roll the window down real quick. The rest of my tahoe is 5% except the back window. It's like 15%.