Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Side mirrors move on their own when shift to reverse

Search this Thread

Old March 27th, 2019, 3:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side mirrors move on their own when shift to reverse

All,

Whenever I put my 05 Tahoe into reverse the side mirrors move on their own. What makes them do this and how can I get it to stop? It's really kind of annoying...

Thanks...
Old March 28th, 2019, 7:48 AM
CF Active Member

Location: Currently the Candian Gander is wintering over in New York.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There might be a fuse that you can disconnect, or a wire that feed a signal when the vehicle is placed in "Reverse".. You might lose your ability to adjust them electrically if you pull the fuse, though.

The mirror jog was a "feature" that was supposed to help drivers have a wider field of view when backing.

The thing is, you are supposed to back into parking places, anyway, so you have a clear view when pulling out of a parking place, so mirrors wagging like Dumbo ears is kind of technology pandering.

By the way, welcome, but this help request should really have been put into another section instead of this one. Maybe a Mod or Admin will move the thread to a relevant forum.

Last edited by Kazoocruiser; March 28th, 2019 at 7:53 AM.
Old March 28th, 2019, 8:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, so I figured out the problem and it is now not a problem

The issue was the mirrors we're set to adjust in the vehicle settings in the cluster display. I turned off the mirror adjustment when in reverse so now it is just fine. I don't normally back into a parking place so it was a function I wouldn't use and like I said, it was pretty annoying. Thanks to anyone who replied and had a suggestion for the issue...