Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Speaker whine and buzz Bose system???

Old April 3rd, 2013, 5:16 PM
  #21  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 7
Default

Are you playing from an auxiliary cord? Sometimes if im charging my phone and playing music off of it in my 09 silvrerado it makes a little winding sound too but only when i charge and play never any other time
babycnel is offline  
Old April 3rd, 2013, 9:14 PM
  #22  
Administrator
 
in2pro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 7,522
Default

Originally Posted by babycnel View Post
Are you playing from an auxiliary cord? Sometimes if im charging my phone and playing music off of it in my 09 silvrerado it makes a little winding sound too but only when i charge and play never any other time
I too have seen this scenario in my 07...
in2pro is offline  
Old July 22nd, 2013, 10:27 AM
  #23  
CF Junior Member
 
joeincharlotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 63
Default

Alright everyone, I had this exact same problem on my 08 suburban. I noticed it within the 30 day used car warranty and the dealer was nice enough to take care of it for me. Anyway, after checking the grounds and speaker connections, they thought it was the amp, but it wasn't. They ended up pulled the rear radio out of another Suburban on the lot and swapping it with mine. Sure enough the noise is no longer in mine, but was in the other Suburban when they plugged my rear radio into it.

For those of you with this same problem, I hope this helps.
joeincharlotte is offline  
Old November 30th, 2013, 7:29 PM
  #24  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1
Default

I have found that I can turn my speed volume off I don't have the problem anymore.
melpor11 is offline  
Old January 6th, 2014, 3:55 PM
  #25  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4
Default

I'm feeling affirmed to have found this thread. I've been dealing with the increasing noise (frequency and level) for over three years. My dealer claims they have no reports nationally of anything similar. The vehicle has been in MANY times, and they usually claim they cannot hear the problem. Had the amp replaced; no noise for three weeks; used OnStar to make a call and the noise returnedd. Had the amp removed; consulted the dealer and they had no other recommendations, so they also replaced the amp. The noise resumed within a day. Original amp back in. The noise grows in frequency and level as time goes on. It's like a spaceship whirring up to take off, with usage of radio or blinker, or when door is opened while engine is running. HELP ... dealer can't!!!
jtmze is offline  
Old January 6th, 2014, 7:56 PM
  #26  
CF Junior Member
 
Jeremy3040's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 36
Default

been getting this too. good thread. useful info.
Jeremy3040 is offline  
Old January 7th, 2014, 7:03 AM
  #27  
CF Junior Member
 
joeincharlotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 63
Default

Originally Posted by jtmze View Post
I'm feeling affirmed to have found this thread. I've been dealing with the increasing noise (frequency and level) for over three years. My dealer claims they have no reports nationally of anything similar. The vehicle has been in MANY times, and they usually claim they cannot hear the problem. Had the amp replaced; no noise for three weeks; used OnStar to make a call and the noise returnedd. Had the amp removed; consulted the dealer and they had no other recommendations, so they also replaced the amp. The noise resumed within a day. Original amp back in. The noise grows in frequency and level as time goes on. It's like a spaceship whirring up to take off, with usage of radio or blinker, or when door is opened while engine is running. HELP ... dealer can't!!!
Try replacing the rear radio. Worked for me.
joeincharlotte is offline  
Old January 21st, 2014, 4:37 PM
  #28  
CF Beginner
 
ChinookBurb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2
Default

I just got an 08 burb and have the same problem... Is there any place I can get the part number for the rear head unit? I don't want to pull it and then wait for parts... Am fairly certain it is the culprit because when I get the whine if I tap the unit it goes away...
ChinookBurb is offline  
Old April 22nd, 2014, 11:56 PM
  #29  
CF Beginner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4
Default

Thanks joeincharlotte, replaced the rear unit and the horrid noise is gone!
jtmze is offline  
Old April 23rd, 2014, 6:16 AM
  #30  
CF Junior Member
 
joeincharlotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 63
Default

Originally Posted by jtmze View Post
Thanks joeincharlotte, replaced the rear unit and the horrid noise is gone!
Glad it worked!
joeincharlotte is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speaker whine and buzz Bose system???


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: