Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Speaker whine and buzz Bose system???

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2014, 6:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Chevrolet 1500 Crew

I'm having the same issue with a whine noise in the RR speaker. It only whines (that I'm aware of) when the stereo is on or when the turn signal is active. It also increases in volume with acceleration.

I have noticed that if I turn on the rear audio controls on the back of the center console the whine goes away as long as it is on.

Did any of you who replaced the rear console head unit notice if yours stopped when it was turned on?

Thank you for any help in advance!
Old August 3rd, 2014, 7:42 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]-->Acheronxxiv,

I understand that you are experiencing an issue with a whine noise coming out of your right rear speaker. I might not be able to provide you any do-it-yourself type of advice or diagnose your vehicle but I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please contact me via private message if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old August 4th, 2014, 6:26 AM
CF Junior Member

It's been a while since I had my issue, but I seem to remember that if I messed with the rear radio it would cause it to disappear.
Old August 5th, 2014, 11:56 AM
CF Beginner

Don't recall whether turning on rear radio affected the noise, it was so pervasively intermittent. However, when we disconnected the rear speaker, NO NOISE! This is not a long term fix though as that action also disconnected the air and heat.
Old November 12th, 2014, 3:37 PM
CF Beginner

Default Speaker Whine

I also just incurred the exact same problem, RR speaker. The sound changes pitch with acceleration, no issue when the stereo is off or completely turned down. It been going on for about a month now, but is inconsistent.
Old November 12th, 2014, 3:56 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]-->Acheronxxiv,

I understand that you are experiencing an issue with a whine noise coming out of your right rear speaker. I might not be able to provide you any do-it-yourself type of advice or diagnose your vehicle but I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please contact me via private message if I can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Hi Jennifer, I just started having EXACTLY the same problem in the RR spkr.
Old November 12th, 2014, 4:37 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by gwilson
Hi Jennifer, I just started having EXACTLY the same problem in the RR spkr.
Hi gwilson,

Are you having this issue on your 2007 Trailblazer? Unfortunately it's difficult for us to diagnose your vehicle online. However, if you'd like to send us your VIN and mileage we can do some additional research and see what we find. We're best reached via private message.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 13th, 2014, 4:48 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by gwilson
I also just incurred the exact same problem, RR speaker. The sound changes pitch with acceleration, no issue when the stereo is off or completely turned down. It been going on for about a month now, but is inconsistent.
Replace the rear radio. Do you have a trailblazer? Where did Customer service get that?
Old November 13th, 2014, 6:53 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by joeincharlotte
Replace the rear radio. Do you have a trailblazer? Where did Customer service get that?
Yes, I have a Trailblazer. Last night I turned the rear radio control off, the whine away and the rear speakers too.
Old November 13th, 2014, 11:50 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Speaker Noise

I did reply to the "Jennifer w/ GM" never received any kind of response. Have to wonder if its a scam to get your VIN and other info.

Quick Reply: Speaker whine and buzz Bose system???