Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

SRS Airbag light -ThinkCar code B1405 Right Front Side Impact Sensor short to Battery

Search this Thread

Old April 28th, 2020, 8:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SRS Airbag light -ThinkCar code B1405 Right Front Side Impact Sensor short to Battery

Hello,

I have a 2010 Suburban 2500 LT. I bought the truck used last September. It has high milage (280,000km) but I'm just using the truck for towing the travel trailer(Not daily driving it). The Airbag warning message came on. No accidents. I purchased a
ThinkCar 1S ThinkCar 1S
as it can read the SRS module(allegedly) .

When I ran the Full Module scan I get this report: Report

There are a lot of DTCs listed there - though the Check Engine Light is not on. The Rear Sensor codes are because I have the rear bumper off (I'm doing some body work).

The only code related to the Airbag system that I can find is in the PAM (Park Assist Module) and lists code "B1405 Right Front Side Impact Sensor Short to Battery". I can't find much on the internet about this code. I did find that sensor is in the front passenger door.

Two questions:
1) Do you think replacement of this sensor might fix the problem? (It doesn't seem to be a common failure)
2) Is there an SRS module that should have been found?

Appreciate any and all help you can offer.
Old April 28th, 2020, 8:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

swap the left front and right front sensor. clear the codes. if the code now sets for the left sensor...replace the sensor
Old April 29th, 2020, 7:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it turns out that the Airbag light was on because the fuse was blown (Fuse 45, 15A). Replaced the fuse and the airbag warning message went away. Now the ThinkCar sees the SIR module in the scan.

I still get "B1405 Right Front Side Impact Sensor Short to Battery" fault code. I ran into a roadblock as I need e-torx bits to remove and swap the side impact sensors. They've been ordered and I swap them when they arrive.

Thanks all!