Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Stabilitrak/traction control off with check engine light

Old January 10th, 2018, 1:31 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stabilitrak/traction control off with check engine light

2008 silverado LTD 1500 4x4 5.3l V8. I have had this issue with a while. When the lights kick on, the truck drives really rough, the transmission shift really hard between gears, also with a rough idle. I have had it in the shop they checked the codes and found misfire on cylinder #2. We have changed the coil packs the wires and the spark plugs and the issue has come back and will not clear. Any ideas on what it could be, or what course of action i should take to get this repaired.
Old January 11th, 2018, 7:04 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just replaced the ETB on my 09 after the dash lit up like xmas, with similar warnings and issues.

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...ur-home-88271/

Apparently it's very common and GM gives you a 10 year 120k warranty on it. Might be worth a shot.

use code P20 at check out at Advance Auto for 20% off.
Old December 23rd, 2018, 10:19 PM
CF Beginner

I am having this same problem exactly, including the same cylinder. I have the same truck, only a 2007. Have you found any more information about this at all? I would be very appreciative of any information you have found. I have changed the wires and plugs on cylinder number 2, but I don't dare go any further right now without additional information. I have read on some other forums as well that many other people are having this problem, and it sounds like Chevy isn't really willing to tackle this problem.

Like I said, any information you have found would be very helpful!

CL
Old December 26th, 2018, 2:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to let you know that I had your same exact problem . I fixed the solenoid on the misfire and replaced all the spark wires and plugs. This fixed my problem. I have an 09 suburban with over 200,000 miles.
Old December 26th, 2018, 8:28 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Benzo781
Just to let you know that I had your same exact problem . I fixed the solenoid on the misfire and replaced all the spark wires and plugs. This fixed my problem. I have an 09 suburban with over 200,000 miles.
Thanks for the suggestion. Do you know what codes your check engine light was throwing?
Old December 26th, 2018, 1:14 PM
CF Beginner

Yeah basically it was a misfire on the solenoid, stability track on and off, and the ignition, emissions valve (something). Basically I had a misfire diagnosed to tell me which one I need it that’s the only when I bought and replaced everything else and I have no more lights on. It seems like a lot of mechanics are telling people a lot of things and that’s what they are replacing and the problem still exists luckily I got a very good mechanic and tell me exactly what I needed off of my sheet which I can find my codes and get back to you. You might want to get exact misfire diagnose and replace all the ones that are misfiring. And then put brand new spark plugs in the whole entire engine and the wires .

Last edited by Benzo781; December 26th, 2018 at 1:16 PM.
Old December 26th, 2018, 1:31 PM
CF Beginner

Mine was only a misfire on #1. Yeah by the way I do have a Tire monitoring system light that keeps coming on but I’m just going to change the individual sensors on each tire to fix that problem but after I changed out solenoid Number one and all the spark plugs and wires I don’t have any lights come on again except for the TPS . Instead of cleaning I just replaced .
Old December 26th, 2018, 2:51 PM
CF Beginner

Yeah mine has that tire sensor thing too, but I've been dealing with that for a long time. Too much to replace those for me.
I'm gonna look into replacing that and see if it helps. I already changed out the plug on my misfiring cylinder. I was hoping I didn't need to do all since I just changed them all about 30k miles ago.
I'll let ya know what I come up with.
Old December 26th, 2018, 2:54 PM
CF Beginner

See if you look in dig into some of the websites that so auto parts you’ll find that you can find these parts for real cheap and all you have to do is find a mechanical put it in for cheaper and it comes out to be way less money than that these big name stores. But just replacing one spark plug is not the best thing you should replace all of them and then replace them with the right type of spark plugs because it seem like it’s a voltage problem and once brand new spark plugs are all working together without any misfires to me that’s what it seems like got rid of my problem
Old December 26th, 2018, 2:58 PM
CF Beginner

I found my sheet that have my codes on them let me know what code you have and see if they match up and I’ll tell you what I did
The following users liked this post:
Jason2002 (March 19th, 2021)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stabilitrak/traction control off with check engine light