Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

stereo problems

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2015, 2:47 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stereo problems

I have a 2003 suburban 1500. Radio (not Bose, no amp that I am aware of or can locate) and door chimes quit working as well as the driver door lock switch works occasionally. The latest issue was that stereo quit working (no display even),but the speakers were emitting a static and high-pitched sound continuously until I pulled the fuse. I have cleaned the grounds, battery is good, alternator is good, all fuses are good, radio has power for memory, but no power with ignition on or in the accessory position. Could it be GMLan, and where is it located? Are there any other relays/switches that could cause this as well? In my research I found that the 2003 chevy malibu had the same issue, but was a corrosion issue in the wire loom at the right rear door.
Old December 7th, 2015, 7:16 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey are we having the same issue?
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...92/#post312491
Old August 9th, 2017, 10:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May be losing volts to radio main harness

Originally Posted by togorman5
I have a 2003 suburban 1500. Radio (not Bose, no amp that I am aware of or can locate) and door chimes quit working as well as the driver door lock switch works occasionally. The latest issue was that stereo quit working (no display even),but the speakers were emitting a static and high-pitched sound continuously until I pulled the fuse. I have cleaned the grounds, battery is good, alternator is good, all fuses are good, radio has power for memory, but no power with ignition on or in the accessory position. Could it be GMLan, and where is it located? Are there any other relays/switches that could cause this as well? In my research I found that the 2003 chevy malibu had the same issue, but was a corrosion issue in the wire loom at the right rear door.
check for either a bad harness or possibly any melted or cuts in the main power wire sounds like the memory wire is delivering close enough to 12 volts but the power wire to main harness of your head is losing volts
​​​​​