Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Storage space

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2008, 9:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Storage space

Just picked up my new 2008 LTZ with chrome package. I love the vehicle but I cannot believe that for $54,215 there is no storage space at all. At least my 04 had the compartment in the back that I would put the headphones in. I mean this 100% I can't find a spot to put the lug adapater for the chrome wheels. I put it in the glove box it rolls around, I put it in the center console it rolls around and scratches my sun glasses. Trust me, I'm making these statements with a smile on my face because I really do love the vehicle, I just thought it was funny that I couldn't find a spot in this big *** truck.
Old February 8th, 2008, 10:01 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Default RE: Storage space

Place the little lug in a ziplock and ziptie it to the jack in the rear compartment. The center is big huge but really does suck for organization. Enjoy your new truck
Old February 8th, 2008, 10:33 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buy the little center console organizer, yes GM gets you for about $30 bucks but it is worth it. You can put your valuables, sun glasses, etc on the top part and you junk beneath it.

Search this Tahoe section and you will find the thread. It is a pretty current thread and should be in the first few pages.
Old February 8th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Welcome to the Tahoe forum.

Here's what you're looking for: https://chevroletforum.com/m_49391/tm.htm

I got one and it's worth every penny.
Old February 9th, 2008, 2:42 PM
CF Beginner

I could not agree more! I have an 08 LTZ and it ONLY had an MSRP of $52415. I filled out my JD Power survey THIS morning and that was one of the 2 issues I had, (the other was express up/down for all windows and roof). I really love the Tahoe but it is kind of silly. I did buy the $35 center console organizer which is needed but overpriced but the rear console for $300, good grief!!!
Old February 9th, 2008, 7:59 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: goldenrod49
but the rear console for $300, good grief!!!
Try this from JC Whitney for about $85.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1622/FC326DE3C79447CDA86BE10C7621C67F.jpg[/IMG]
Old February 9th, 2008, 9:20 PM
CF Addict

Ohh, I thought you meant behind the 3rd seat... honestly, how many people are going to use that thing? Can't it be an option on the LTZ?!

I have NO use for it, and it takes up 99.5% of the trunk, and even if you take it out, you get funny humps in the trunk...

O well, they got the rest of the truck 99% right, so its not a deal breaker, but even the XC90's 3rd row folds FLAT.... I wonder what's under the back seats, just the spare right? they moved the gas tank to under the 'belly' now? I don't have a (newer) Tahoe yet; I'm just getting my ducks in a row before buying!
Old February 9th, 2008, 9:28 PM
Administrator

I guess if I had to choose between comfortable seats like the Tahoe third row and the XC90 fold-flat stadium seats, I'll take the Tahoe's.
Old February 9th, 2008, 9:29 PM
CF Active Member

They need to make a 3rd row storage box that snaps into the seat brackets....thats my dream storage box for our trucks
Old February 9th, 2008, 9:52 PM
CF Addict

For how rare (if ever used) fold flat would be fine for me, as I will be in the driver's seat

ORIGINAL: GMz71

They need to make a 3rd row storage box that snaps into the seat brackets....thats my dream storage box for our trucks
now that's an awsome idea! when I get my 08 LTZ, I will measue the space, and find a box about that size, and try to fab a bracket for that, then it would hold stuff, not move, and easily come out! or I could make a subwoofer box that would 'bolt' to it...

hmmmmm [8D]

Quick Reply: Storage space