Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

this sucks

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2009, 4:33 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this sucks

got my dream ride in august (the one in my sig, the o8 hoe) i noticed a couple weeks ago what sounded like a rattle under acceleration... took her in monday morning, the diagnosis? they SAY the screen on the oil pump pick up got clogged (at 41000 miles????) which starved the upper end for oil...so lower end comes off to get cleaned and checked, and the came, lifters and all gets yanked...

my issue is this...it held good oil pressure even under acceleration and i would think if its starving for oil it would drop off. also if it starved for oil the bore could be scored up, and the crank and bearings could be damaged as well!
when i had the oil changed right after buying her i put in royal purple full synthetic hi performance oil...

so is this something others have seen happen, did someone not take care of this thing before i got it, or is the guys at the dealership talkin out his 4 points of contact and its something i should be asking for a new engine over?