Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tahoe center console

Search this Thread

Old August 27th, 2009, 10:01 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
yes i have a traffic button on mine.

Mine is a factory 09 head unit. are you saying I don't have the newest map DVD?

you have 4.1c?!

The DVD only contains MAPS. the software in your head unit is updated via some other process, it has nothing to do with the consumer map DVDs... (from what I understand, but I may be wrong)...

the device has a drive that holds the firmware to access the XM, maps, etc, you are looking for a firmware update...
Hey Sabre, I just put DVD 4.1c in and no change to my radio. Any ideas how to get a firmware update? Is there a way to see the firmware version running on the radio? My OEM Nav radio was purchased new!!! I have an SPS tech2 but it doesnt give you the option to select traffic... just the radio. I havnt programmed it yet because i am nervous I will loose my RSE videos. I have 2 of them on the roof that was factory installed.

Could you PM me your VIN, i want to see if there is anything in there that indicates XM traffic.

Anyone else have an Idea? I doubt using SPS will enable the button on the Nav unit.
Old August 28th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

stsql: there's a thread by ZX that describes the DVD copy process and your rite, it is DL.

The 4.0c DVD does upgrade the software cuz it allows minimal address entry and XM on the roll and erases all of your address book. :-(
Old August 28th, 2009, 7:43 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dvd

i will have to look for my VIN, I think I have it in an email from GM.

so the firmware is on the DVD in addition to the maps?!

then it should just be a matter of some key combo on the sat nav or a program tool to say 'hey, GPS, install this firmware from the DVD' right?

I looked, the cheapest BluRay burner that can do dual layer DVD is like $150... not bad really, but perhaps I will just borrow a friends DL burner... or hopefully my new dell laptop will have one... then I can play around w/backups of the map DVD

they did do something at the dealer when I first took it in, because yes, now I can scroll XM categories on the move! but I cant scroll my address book, but I can my recent destinations... god this thing is so stupid, who designed it? my 14 year old sister could have written better software...
Old August 28th, 2009, 8:20 AM
CF Addict

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f80/gm-navigation-disc-206202/
Old August 28th, 2009, 9:54 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
they did do something at the dealer when I first took it in, because yes, now I can scroll XM categories on the move! but I cant scroll my address book, but I can my recent destinations... god this thing is so stupid, who designed it? my 14 year old sister could have written better software...
Do you remember what they did? Was your XM traffic working at the time? I searched and searched and can't find anything on upgrading the firmware to my Nav. So frustrating!
Old August 28th, 2009, 10:01 AM
CF Addict

Default work

they told me they did 'updates'... I dont think most of their customers have an IT background...