Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tahoe will not shift into Park - New Member

Search this Thread

Old December 30th, 2011, 9:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tahoe will not shift into Park - New Member

Hello Everybody - I came across this site while searching google for an issue I had today. Looks like a great site with a lot of knowledgeable members that are helpful.

The issue I have is that after changing the transmission fluid and filter on my 2007 tahoe with 105K miles, it would not shift into park. All of the other gears work great. It just does not want to go into park. When the lever is in park, the vehicle acts like it is in neutral, but when it rolls it makes a clicking noise.

I was not having any issues with the transmission before I changed the fluid and I didn't think the fluid looked terrible. I bought the tahoe at 99K miles 14 months ago, so I do not know how often the fluid was changed the the past.

I had a difficult time getting the fluid pan down because the shift cable was in the way, but I didn't think anything got bumped or pulled too hard.

Does anybody any suggestions?

Thanks
Ross
Old December 31st, 2011, 12:36 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Haven't changed mine yet but I'd check the shift control linkage. Sounds like it might have slipped enuf to not fully engage the parking pawl.